Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure to waste flow

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Lilyjonfon

This morning my pure is taking 36 secs to produce 1 litre, my waste is taking 39 secs, is this ok or am i shortening the life of filters and membrane?

Sorry if its a dumb question, im very new to this..

Your running at 52/48 waste to pure, I believe 60/40 is recommended. Not sure, @doug atkinson will know better, but I doubt you'll be damaging your membrane as long as you flush it regularly
Sorry just reread your post after the previous comments and I misread the numbers. You're producing at 48/52 but the other advice still applies.

Last edited:
This morning my pure is taking 36 secs to produce 1 litre, my waste is taking 39 secs, is this ok or am i shortening the life of filters and membrane?

You should have more waste coming out than pure. So the 1 litre waste container should fill faster than the pure!!!
Ratio should be something like 60% waste to 40% pure. So if you are producing 1 litre of pure in 36 seconds it should only take about 24 seconds to produce 1 litre of waste!

There are so many variables to take in to account but yest your waste should be more than your pure.

I produce slightly slower than what I should as I have a long run to my tank from my membranes.

Just make sure to swap out your pre filters at the regular intervals required

You have provided very little info, what R/O do you have are you in a hard water area with a tap tds of 300+ your R/O is running slow because of low water pressure and you need a booster pump also possible if you have been using it a while the pre-filters might be due to be changed.

Latest Posts

Back