Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quote advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

AndyD

Being as I cocked up my first ever big house quote I’ve now got another one to do but this time rather than do it there and then for the customer I said I would work something out for them and text them the quote. I’ve attached some pics for your perusal so please let me know what you think. Quote doesn’t include conservatory roof, but includes the conservatory windows. There are another couple of farty little windows on the gable which aren’t on the pics.

Cheers

Attachments

• 5278F49C-5B60-4883-B304-8D417A9CAA44.jpeg
    5278F49C-5B60-4883-B304-8D417A9CAA44.jpeg
    135.3 KB · Views: 59
  • FA7F5465-BFAA-40C8-B0FC-7D7A5C864D8A.jpeg
    FA7F5465-BFAA-40C8-B0FC-7D7A5C864D8A.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 45B2538E-B05B-4234-83C5-AB350D4D69F8.jpeg
    45B2538E-B05B-4234-83C5-AB350D4D69F8.jpeg
    123.4 KB · Views: 60
I had £35 in my head, there’s also a couple of roof lights you can’t see on the pics and a small dormer window also. Juliet balcony is going to be a nightmare!
That balcony is easy use a swivel or turn the pole so that the brush fits between the bars and just clean as normal , it will take slightly longer but is easily do able

£20! Is that a typo?? ?
no not really, part timer is around 50 miles north of me and up there i would guess the price for that would be around £15 monthly and there would be many a cleaner loving that kind of work, the cost of living lowers the more north you go, put that home in say ayeshire in scotland and it could be a tenner or maybe 12 quid,
i would be somewhere between £25-£30 for that every two months for where i am (just outside leeds in gods own county).

If I was building a round and needed the money i’d go £25-£30 here in the south east, as long as there wasn’t too much traveling.
If I had plenty of work then I’d go higher.

Being as I cocked up my first ever big house quote I’ve now got another one to do but this time rather than do it there and then for the customer I said I would work something out for them and text them the quote. I’ve attached some pics for your perusal so please let me know what you think. Quote doesn’t include conservatory roof, but includes the conservatory windows. There are another couple of farty little windows on the gable which aren’t on the pics.

Cheers
I haven’t started yet but I’m trying to get used to pricing things up. For a first clean, I would be inclined to charge about £80 for it. Then maybe every 4-6weeks about £35 maybe come down to £30 if I needed the work but I would say that’s a fair price. Again, I havent started and your more than welcome to tell me to sod off but going off what I’ve researched and learning how to quote I would say that would be a fair example?

I had £35 in my head, there’s also a couple of roof lights you can’t see on the pics and a small dormer window also. Juliet balcony is going to be a nightmare!
Yeah don't go lower than that, by the end of this year that would seem incredibly cheap with inflation. For me last year would have been £40, this year it's £50, probably would have to be a once every 8 week job but houses like that in my area are £500k+ so the window cleaning prices are naturally higher because it costs more to live around here. That conservatory is rather large and the roof windows and Juliet means it's fiddly.

Personally I don't believe it's possible to do a proper job on that in 20 minutes let alone 3 in an hour, I'd have to see proof to believe it.

Personally I don't believe it's possible to do a proper job on that in 20 minutes let alone 3 in an hour, I'd have to see proof to believe
I tend not to bull :poop: and unlike many on here I have actually been there and done that. Unlike alot of wanabees that can't afford to put a deposit down on a house despite claiming to earn £60+ an hour.

I clean a similar sized property every 4 weeks at £25.00 I'm in Co. Durham it is in a higher priced area so I can get more money for jobs

Yeah don't go lower than that, by the end of this year that would seem incredibly cheap with inflation. For me last year would have been £40, this year it's £50, probably would have to be a once every 8 week job but houses like that in my area are £500k+ so the window cleaning prices are naturally higher because it costs more to live around here. That conservatory is rather large and the roof windows and Juliet means it's fiddly.

Personally I don't believe it's possible to do a proper job on that in 20 minutes let alone 3 in an hour, I'd have to see proof to believe it.
No and I won't reply again to anymore of your questions. I promise you I could do that in 20 minutes, so when you're earning £60 an hour please feel free to laugh at me again.
By the way that's not a big house.
But when I’m charging a customer £17 for house that only has a 1/3 of the windows then charging an extra £3 for a house that has more than double the amount is going to be questionable. No need to get so upset about it. You can probably do it 20mins because you have the experience, but there’s no way I could. I’ve told them £35 now and if I don’t get it then I don’t not mind because I know how long it would take me because I’m not up to speed yet.

I tend not to bull :poop: and unlike many on here I have actually been there and done that. Unlike alot of wanabees that can't afford to put a deposit down on a house despite claiming to earn £60+ an hour.
Unless I saw proof I wouldn't believe it, that would mean you would have to clean that in say 19 minutes with 1 minute adjustment between houses and the houses would have to be next door to each other and you would need it like that for your full days work.

Sorry can't see it, I smell bull :poop:

But when I’m charging a customer £17 for house that only has a 1/3 of the windows then charging an extra £3 for a house that has more than double the amount is going to be questionable. No need to get so upset about it. You can probably do it 20mins because you have the experience, but there’s no way I could. I’ve told them £35 now and if I don’t get it then I don’t not mind because I know how long it would take me because I’m not up to speed yet.
Don't worry yourself about those that claim to do loads in an hour. The reality is that it's not possible for you to do loads in an hour as to do that you need to have been established for years with loads of customers all next door to each other... that's impossible.

Your approach is pricing correct for your business how it is now and like you say, you have already got higher prices for lesser work so you now know it's possible to command a higher price. You would be crazy to drop your prices, it's not like you're not getting enquiries and the work is coming in.

4 of them at £35 each is not bad at all, but I would certainly keep an eye on inflation, once you start getting enough work push ones like that to £40+ to keep pace with inflation.

Unless I saw proof I wouldn't believe it, that would mean you would have to clean that in say 19 minutes with 1 minute adjustment between houses and the houses would have to be next door to each other and you would need it like that for your full days work.

Sorry can't see it, I smell bull :poop:
I don't need to prove anything to you, I was asked for advice and gave it. To be questioned, laughed at and called a liar isn't the reason why I bother to try and help newbies.
If you don't like my opinions just block me, however don't call me a liar.

Another newbie that thinks money grows on trees so probably another failure. Apparently £60 an hour is laughable

Ouch.
I’ve been cleaning windows for 32 years next month.
My round is full, I clean 2 BMW dealerships, my mortgage is paid in 4 years time. My wife helps me too.

Just to clarify here in the south east, that’s a £1million house.
I though i would be there about half an hour give or take 5 mins.

If I was building I’d charge £25 max and expect to get it 4 times out of 5, as underpriced work is better than no work.

I’m not building I’m just looking to get better priced work so would charge £35 , and would expect that to be 50/50 max.

I realise that there are huge variations across the country with prices.

Also there’s also a lot of B/S spoken on these forums, but that’s always been the case.

Oh and @Part Timer your one of the few on here, who’s opinion I fully respect.

Back