Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Results using BAC50

WCF

Help Support WCF:

bishboshwash

Just purchased and am about to test on a softwash project some BAC50. What do I advise the customer regarding how long this product will take to show some and full results?
As far as the customer is concerned they want it "Clean NOW!" and "TRUST me, it works over time" will only work with some clients before parting with their cash!!

Just purchased and am about to test on a softwash project some BAC50. What do I advise the customer regarding how long this product will take to show some and full results?
As far as the customer is concerned they want it "Clean NOW!" and "TRUST me, it works over time" will only work with some clients before parting with their cash!!
This is the exact reason we rarely use bio , having said that depending what you are trying to kill you will see results start within 24 hours but total clean can take up to 8 months plus , have done a couple of jobs with bio and customer after 3 weeks have asked for us to then hypo it as they want it clean now . Also I don’t feel I can charge customers hundreds or thousands of pounds for something that will happen over weeks and months I certainly wouldn’t pay for that .

Last edited:
I only tend to use biocide as an add-on post hypo once the job is done.
I mean, if it's something they're interested in I'll discuss it beforehand to make sure I've got some in and ready to go, but that's knowing it will be hypo'd first so the customer can see what they're paying for.
Alternatively, after they've seen the results of the hypo I might mention it as part of an ongoing maintenance option wjen they ask how often will it need cleaning.

But it's not something I push (I don't push anything on people actually) and it all depends on what the customer wants and can afford. As Paul has said I'd also be uncomfortable expecting payment on a promise of what I say will happen - seems a bit like selling magic beans.
Of course there's also the question of its longer term effects vs hypo - which seems to me to have a "residual" effect of its own.

I only tend to use biocide as an add-on post hypo once the job is done.
I mean, if it's something they're interested in I'll discuss it beforehand to make sure I've got some in and ready to go, but that's knowing it will be hypo'd first so the customer can see what they're paying for.
Alternatively, after they've seen the results of the hypo I might mention it as part of an ongoing maintenance option wjen they ask how often will it need cleaning.

But it's not something I push (I don't push anything on people actually) and it all depends on what the customer wants and can afford. As Paul has said I'd also be uncomfortable expecting payment on a promise of what I say will happen - seems a bit like selling magic beans.
Of course there's also the question of its longer term effects vs hypo - which seems to me to have a "residual" effect of its own.

Ohh, you have manic beens, are you selling them !? Lol
How following the hypo are you removing the debris from the surface after the treatment, I know a soft brush and hose pipe isn’t enough ??
Thanks

I usually use hypo on most jobs but ddac or bac50 etc have their uses
Good to use on things like old statues or gravestones etc and just leave it to work
Customers always want to see instant results which is the problem we all have

Ohh, you have manic beens, are you selling them !? Lol
How following the hypo are you removing the debris from the surface after the treatment, I know a soft brush and hose pipe isn’t enough ??
Thanks
It depends on the surface but the beauty of hypo is it does all the hard work and so a soft brush might be fine on render, better still a wfp connected to a backpack or hosepipe.
For paving a pressure washer

Back