Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Reverse osmosis systems

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi again, 

Looking for info on ro systems and wondering if anyone has advise on what one to use, 

Will a good domestic unit and  di unit do for filling tanks? 

I'm a Trad cleaner mostly and won't be using wfp all the time

So if you have set up a system yourself let me know how you did it,,, thanks

why don’t you give Doug a ring at www.daqua.co.uk and have a good chat with him. 

Get your TDS reading  from tap water and pressure and go from there. He was a great help to me along with members on here.

Hi again, 

Looking for info on ro systems and wondering if anyone has advise on what one to use, 

Will a good domestic unit and  di unit do for filling tanks? 

I'm a Trad cleaner mostly and won't be using wfp all the time

So if you have set up a system yourself let me know how you did it,,, thanks
As I previously mentioned you'll need to test your mains water pressure to determine the system you need

Do you have a toolstation or Screwfix over there where you can get a garden tap 3/4 handheld mains water pressure tester

As I previously mentioned you'll need to test your mains water pressure to determine the system you need

Do you have a toolstation or Screwfix over there where you can get a garden tap 3/4 handheld mains water pressure tester
Also occasional use of an RO system will kill the membranes unless they are filled with brine or circulation of water to stop them drying out.

You mentioned earlier that your tds is 120, at that level filtering water by di only does work if your equipment works well and you use it right. That's lower than mine is just now, and I use double di doing 95% wfp. An ro is way cheaper in the long run if you use enough water, but if it's only an occasional window, you won't use an ro enough. 

My opinion is it's better to filter the water from a source you know what the input tds is, means you are less likely to have surprises. A barrel and backpack is a good idea. But at that tds just add a di vessel, you can buy one from sureclean, and it will be enough and cheaper than an ro. 

Of course, if you are planning on switching over to mainly wfp in the future, I havent looked back after the switch, get an ro 

You mentioned earlier that your tds is 120, at that level filtering water by di only does work if your equipment works well and you use it right. That's lower than mine is just now, and I use double di doing 95% wfp. An ro is way cheaper in the long run if you use enough water, but if it's only an occasional window, you won't use an ro enough. 

My opinion is it's better to filter the water from a source you know what the input tds is, means you are less likely to have surprises. A barrel and backpack is a good idea. But at that tds just add a di vessel, you can buy one from sureclean, and it will be enough and cheaper than an ro. 

Of course, if you are planning on switching over to mainly wfp in the future, I havent looked back after the switch, get an ro 
Cheers, 

Also occasional use of an RO system will kill the membranes unless they are filled with brine or circulation of water to stop them drying out.
Hi, got My mains pressure tested, 

Its only half  bar at outdoor tap, 

So I'd need a pump etc, 

The tds of the tap is 107 -  115

Should I just stick with di? 

Hi, got My mains pressure tested, 

Its only half  bar at outdoor tap, 

So I'd need a pump etc, 

The tds of the tap is 107 -  115

Should I just stick with di? 
If you were two get a twin prefilter setup running 2x 10" housings with a 5 micron sediment cartridge and carbon block cartridge with 2x 11ltr DI vessels you'd be okay.

When you start reading a ppm count of 002 for example change the resin in the first vessel then swap around the setup and use the 2nd vessel first which saves money and makes your resin last longer

If your going down the R/O route then you'll need a booster pump. If you're going down the DI / Double Di route you won't. The whole R/O / Di debate depends on how much water you're going to purify. If you're talking about 100 litres a day then I would stick to double Di. If you're going to use 500+ litres a day then a R/O is probably more cost affective.

If your going down the R/O route then you'll need a booster pump. If you're going down the DI / Double Di route you won't. The whole R/O / Di debate depends on how much water you're going to purify. If you're talking about 100 litres a day then I would stick to double Di. If you're going to use 500+ litres a day then a R/O is probably more cost affective.
I wouldn't  be using  500+ a day

Im testing my unger hydropower ultra unit by filling drums using the same tap with a tds of 107 - 115, 

I'll see how many litres of tds00 water i get from 6ltrs of resin

Im testing my unger hydropower ultra unit by filling drums using the same tap with a tds of 107 - 115, 

I may buy an 11 ltr vessel but prices in Ireland are crazy, 

A supplier here wants €280 for an 11ltr  full DI tank, 

Is that a rip off, what is the going rate for them? 

How much do you use? Is the resin still producing 000? Can you send a photo of inside the hydropower 

That’s only 1,500 ltr Austin surely it should do  more than that ??? 
Running just one hydropower 6L at around 65psi i noticed that the bags didn't last that long, then i refilled an OEM net bag with Tulson and averaged just shy of 2 tons,

Using two 11ltr DI's i can now achieve a far great quantity before 001ppm

Latest Posts

Back