Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

second hand wfp system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Surreymatt

Hi,

First post so go gentle. 

Ive been cleaning windows traditionally for 12 years and am trying to slowly swap to wfp. 

Ive bought a second hand van with a  second hand Brodex system already fitted and can’t get it to work properly. 

The system came with everything apart from a pole so I added an SLX 30. 

My my problem is that when I connect it all up the display is showing Dead End half of the time and what ever setting I’ve put the pump to the other half ( so it’s pulsing )

which is impossible to rinse off. 

The guy I bought the van from assured me it has a brand new pump in it. 

So ive worked backwards and attached my waste pipe to the pump and that work continuously fine, I’ve then attached my reel to it and then waste pipe to the reel and again it works fine but as soon as I connect the hose it pulses ( I have changed the connector between hose end and pole still the same) which made think it had to be the pole? Today I tried my pals reel and hose and exactly the same, pulsing with DE reading, more off than on!

hope this makes sense? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

failing that is there anywhere local to Surrey that service these systems??

Thanks in advance

Matt

Sounds like you may need to adjust the calibration on your controller possibly and also check that all fittings around hose from the tank are nipped up tight such as jubilee clips etc as any air getting into the system can cause a de reading and the issues you describe,  Not sure what you mean when you are talking about waste pipe.   

Sounds like you may need to adjust the calibration on your controller possibly and also check that all fittings around hose from the tank are nipped up tight such as jubilee clips etc as any air getting into the system can cause a de reading and the issues you describe,  Not sure what you mean when you are talking about waste pipe.   
I bought a second hand genie in a box do you think that should need calibrating or doesn't it matter i normally have problems first think with it pulsing and especially on a Monday morning cheers pal

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Thanks for your reply, can I adjust the calibration myself?

I bought a second hand genie in a box do you think that should need calibrating or doesn't it matter i normally have problems first think with it pulsing and especially on a Monday morning cheers pal

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I would increase the cal as cold water is harder to pump as its as it has a greater viscosity assessment in its thicker, but always check for an airlock as well.

County Durham Lad

Thanks for your reply, can I adjust the calibration myself?

Yes, not sure what controller you have exactly post a pic

County Durham Lad

Excuse me for being a div but is this what you mean?

View attachment 15078
These should help don't worry about the auto cal if you don't want I don't. I currently have my Cal set to 30 after putting it on 30 for example then scroll through the menu using the left pointing arrow to flo then switch off the controller.

Then once you restart it your settings will be set and hopefully this will resolve the issue although may need to increase the Cal again at some point depending upon how things go 20181031_105234.jpeg20181031_105216.jpeg

County Durham Lad

Back