Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sell old van with system or not?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mowgli

I will soon be selling my 2012 Peugeot Partner 850. Currently has a 500Ltr X-line tank, 2 man system (delivery only). I’m wondering whether it’s better to sell as a window cleaning van, or to remove the tank (which I would reinstall in my new van). On one hand I figure the van would be appealing to someone who doesn’t want the hassle of setting up a system themselves, on the other I figure leaving the tank in means fewer people will be interest as the vast majority of buyers are not in the industry. Thoughts please.

I will soon be selling my 2012 Peugeot Partner 850. Currently has a 500Ltr X-line tank, 2 man system (delivery only). I’m wondering whether it’s better to sell as a window cleaning van, or to remove the tank (which I would reinstall in my new van). On one hand I figure the van would be appealing to someone who doesn’t want the hassle of setting up a system themselves, on the other I figure leaving the tank in means fewer people will be interest as the vast majority of buyers are not in the industry. Thoughts please.
go with 2 ads one as a window cleaning van (even better if you have an old pole to throw in so you could say its ready for work just add water) at a higher price, and another ad just for the van at the going rate then your bound to get a bite from either type of buyer, probably wouldnt take long to pull it out if they just want the van, just gotta weigh up the cost of kitting the next van out at the price you already know

Van is worth more with the system in it . Less buyers more money. I would sell with, if you fitted it your self at cost.

Did you fit it yourself or have someone install it? Personally I would be hesitant to sell a van with a system I had self installed. What if they get hurt in an accident and it comes back on you.

What I did when I sold my van, and the lad wanted the tank (we actually traded tanks as I only needed it temp until I got my full system installed). I drained the tank completely and removed the ratchets, going as far as to position it in a way it was obviously cargo rather than installed. That way he would have to reinstall it however he saw fit and it would be nothing to do with me.

Just something to keep in mind.

Latest Posts

Back