Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van payload with 350litre tank

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Craigfaded

Hi,

I looking at a Peugeot partner van with of payload of 625kg

I want to get the 350litre x line tank with electric reel, poles, brushes etc.

Is this payload high enough?
I can’t seem to work it out from the site and they’re not open to call unfortunately.

Hi,

I can’t seem to work it out from the site and they’re not open to call unfortunately.
Even without knowing the dry weight of their tank plus frame and fittings you'll be fine with a 350ltr tank, I had PureFreedom 350ltr system in my old van it had a 650kg payload,

I now have a 19-plate Berlingo with a 650kg payload and have a Facelift 425ltr system with PowerUp Reel delivery system only, Personally, my view is to go with a bigger tank, those extra 75ltrs do make a difference on certain working days.

Hi,

I think you would be best phoning XLine in the morning. Their website says that the tank weighs 200.0000kgs (whatever that means), but then the 750 litre tank weighs the same. If it is 200 kg empty then add 350 litres of water at 350 kg, there isn't much left over payload wise. I believe Peugeot consider 50kgs as the driver's weight which isn't part of your 625 kg payload, but if you weigh 75 kg, your payload is down to 600 kg. You have added anything extra such as your hose reel, poles, roof rack, tow-bar, ladders and diesel.

A 350 litre Wydale tank weighs 24 kgs and I doubt the frame weighs any more than 50 kgs.

Yeah this is what I thought. Where it says 200kg weight I thought sure let the tank can’t weigh 200kg without the water in but you never know

I think you would be best phoning XLine in the morning. Their website says that the tank weighs 200.0000kgs (whatever that means), but then the 750 litre tank weighs the same. If it is 200 kg empty then add 350 litres of water at 350 kg, there isn't much left over payload wise. I believe Peugeot consider 50kgs as the driver's weight which isn't part of your 625 kg payload, but if you weigh 75 kg, your payload is down to 600 kg. You have added anything extra such as your hose reel, poles, roof rack, tow-bar, ladders and diesel.

A 350 litre Wydale tank weighs 24 kgs and I doubt the frame weighs any more than 50 kgs.
If anything like wcw I doubt they'll have a clue they told me their 425ltr system weighed around 80kg that was it no exact figures,

I removed the battery to reduce the weight and put the tank in the back of van myself that's with a PowerUp 3D reel bolted to it as well, then refitted the 75ah battery.

I weigh just over 57kg which is 9st they are hardly given much wiggle room for the driver

Hi,

I have a 2019 peugeot partner van with a 400L tank in, manual hose and poles. This was supplied from a fitter and is below the payload

I have a 2019 peugeot partner van with a 400L tank in, manual hose and poles. This was supplied from a fitter and is below the payload
We used to say that a 400 litre tank was the maximum a van with a 600 kg payload would carry. But you would need to be economical with the accessories you carried on your van.

My son has a 2002, 2.0 litre Hdi Berlingo 800 kg van. He has a 500 litre tank fitted, leisure battery, pole, steel bulkhead, hose reel, fold down A frame ladder and tow-bar. He is within the payload of his van with a full tank of diesel and a full water tank. In those days, PSA (Citroën & Peugeot) allowed 75 kgs of driver's weight which wasn't included in the payload of 800 kgs. But I can't get into his van as a passenger without going over his payload.

Back