Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Shocking Window Cleaners?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

P.s.......

Before people tell me I didn't do one window properly......The window above the conservatory is a bathroom window and so I never rinse off the glass on these types. One pass with the brush is satisfactory. /emoticons/smile.png

I would have rinsed on the glass on the top windows which i find quicker

Once the glass is scrubbed scrub the top of the glass and then rinse on the glass

Hi ya mate @Jason Pitt :thumbsup: How come you've been working for yourself for two years but only have around two full days of work a week using WFP and then work for someone else Trad?
Hi. I started while I was working at a shop, so was running my business Part time. I did leave the shop to do my business but I only put flyers out and didn't get enough though them to carry on so I stupidly went back to working in the shop. The guy I work with now came in and offered me a job as he could see from my van I was a window cleaner so I took it. but he needs me 3 days a week,so I'm stuck now till spring. As soon as the longer days come in I want to go canvassing for more work. Witch I think is the only way to get the work for my self I guess. Just worried about not finding the work as I see so many window cleaners about cheltenham and this area. Its really hard to do my business along side this guy though as he make things hard for me to get on with my own work as it is.

Most of mine are 8 weekly. I rinse off the glass. I scrub/rinse all the frames inc the conservatory and I also scrub/rinse the Con guttering.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've posted this video before. This is me carrying out a maintenance (4weekly) clean.
It takes me about 6 minutes cleaning time to do the backs of a property with a conservatory. Total cleaning time for the house would be 10 minutes. This is a 4 bedroom detached property.

30 of these would be a busy day, but very do-able, I do have lots of compact work that I can reach 8 or 9 houses before I need to move the van. I will always do atleast 25 properties a day when this is the case.

Since this video I've actually switched to using hot water now, and I think I'm even faster.

[media]

Great Video Jonathan. What pole and brush are you using there? I use a Vikan 12" not that good I don't think.

Nothing wrong with using a vikan

All poles and brushes do the same job

Just gardiners etc are a lot lighter and easier to use

I have a vikan i use on fascias etc

That pole is a gardiners extreme

Nothing wrong with using a vikanAll poles and brushes do the same job

Just gardiners etc are a lot lighter and easier to use

I have a vikan i use on fascias etc

That pole is a gardiners extreme
Thanks for the reply. They are good brushes I have mine on a ionic pole. flagged brushes seem to move around the window Nicely and get in to the edges of the frame better. Am I right I haven't really used a brush like that yet.

Most of mine are 8 weekly. I rinse off the glass. I scrub/rinse all the frames inc the conservatory and I also scrub/rinse the Con guttering.

That's a part Pvc clean your doing! I never clean the underside of guttering unless I'm getting paid for it. Hope you price your jobs well so your not losing out on money.

Yea I would also Luv to see a video, keep reading a lot of coments ref the 20/30 a day cleans and would be interested to see the technique used? I'm getting faster but still struggle to get 15 done on a really really good day. :thumbsdown:
When you say you do 15 houses on a good day how big are the houses?? A 2 up 2 down house with 2 pains of glass in each should take 6 to 8 minutes inc sills and frames. I think its all down to technique and effort put in.

It depends on technique

If you go ott like this guy you'll do all your water halfway through the day and a handfull of houses

[media]

[/media]

I saw the worst technique ever today

Poppped down to london to see a mate this afternoon and saw a guy cleaning from a van mount

He put the brush on the glass top left and did a single downward pull..then across..then a single push up the right hand side and walked off to the next window and did the same

No rinse..no scrub..that is proper splash and dash

It depends on techniqueIf you go ott like this guy you'll do all your water halfway through the day and a handfull of houses

[media]

What a numpty! Talk about going over board. Yes he was going fast, but all that unneccesary stuff slowed him down. Did my eyes deceive me or did he rinse the brickwork too :rofl:

It depends on techniqueIf you go ott like this guy you'll do all your water halfway through the day and a handfull of houses

[media]

at 1.13 you can hear his "tank low" warning alarm go off. /emoticons/wink.png

I've seen you Work bud

.trust me you're not lol

Seriously though you're fast enough

Back