Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sill Brush Head Or Normal

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Might bother some of my customers I know personally, one lives 5 mins away and does £8-10 k a month works from home employs one full time window cleaner, that’s only because he gets bored window cleaning, he likes the company when working

I wrote a book about looking at the money side of things in window cleaning, I make brushes that are capable of earning you more in less time, and don’t you see the connection.

You can go to the supermarket and probably find, then buy a brush that would also achieve perfect results, might not last long but cheap enough to jet it and still save yourself £10 - £15. If you are correct about the market for a lighter brush, I am not in the least bit interested in making a lighter brush that would reduce your earning potential, even if I could sell it.

Not every window cleaner is going to be capable of earnings like those mentioned above, not matter what equipment you have. But every window cleaner has the potential to vastly increase there earnings, every one of them, I believe that, but other than write a book and make a brush, it is up to the individual.

Richard

So Richard I take it the you don't mess about building each brush totaly from scratch on your own do you as the man hours in doing so would be daft?

I think I did see it' date=' that is what a lot of aerial brush users feel, and they are only comments that would improve the brush for the actual user.[/quote']
I meant to reply to this earlier; just how many Aerial brush users do you talk too, to know how they feel, I don’t think it would be more than me.

I don’t communicate regular with all my customers, but at least one a day is typical by phone or email.

I don’t recall the weight of the brushes being an issue, if anything comments about the brush weight is that they are light or light enough; customers often say they don’t want them with less weight. The only place I get that from is members like yourself on the forums, most people that use Tecbuk brushes and post on the forum, also say the weight is ok.

Richard

So Richard I take it the you don't mess about building each brush totaly from scratch on your own do you as the man hours in doing so would be daft?
I do both in house and out, still haven’t worked everything out yet, but you may have noticed the cost of the Tecbuk brushes have come down since there release in 2010, the first brushes sold for something like £70 plus with postage – currently A fully jetted brush is £34.97. By 2014 I think I can get the price down further, the aim is to have the best quality at the best price. The only way to do that is have everything done in volume and in house. Getting there, but whether it will get there is always an unknown with a new business, I’m new to this type of business myself, very different from a service type of business, fun though.

Richard

So how heavy is a Tecbuk Aerial brush any way? I saw a video on YouTube where someone weighed some brushes. The Gardiner Super-Lite is about 40% lighter than a Vikan and about 23% lighter than an Aerial. How big of a deal is 23%?

Mike, Jeremiah G. from Advantage W/C in KS (WCR) picked up a Tecbuk a little over a year ago, from his posts it seemed that he was pleased with it.

PS

The extra weight comes from a heavier block and let's not forget the EXTRA bristles. Richard I don't think anybody here wants you to put less bristles on your brush. How much of that 23% extra weight do you think is the bristles?

Mike, stop being so concerned by a few grams in weight.

I have a prototype brush sitting on my desk, this brush has aprox 45,000 bristles it weighs 195g add the 2 x pencil jets, 2 x jet hose quick release Y piece an the aluminium head I made for it and it weighs 222g. (If I change the quick release Y for a push on Y the weight is 212)

Now this brush is still about 24g or (14g with the push on Y piece) heavier than one of the Gardiner’s extreme brushes I have with its pencil jets etc and plastic socket. But the prototypes has 45,000 bristles compared the extremes 9,600, so it’s still not as light, ahh well back to the drawing board.

Actually I might make some up later in the year, but these will go out to Tecbuk brush user, like Belfastcleaning on here, there still will be a very limited number of brushes even for my customers so it will be a question of who ever I happen to speak to at the time, gets one, if they want one.

Richard

So how heavy is a Tecbuk Aerial brush any way? I saw a video on YouTube where someone weighed some brushes. The Gardiner Super-Lite is about 40% lighter than a Vikan and about 23% lighter than an Aerial. How big of a deal is 23%?
I think the super-lite you are referring to weigh around the 245g -260g Aerial brushes average weight is around the 235-260g, plus or minus 5%, depending on what gets dispatched to you, but you have to then attach the fixed head with brush scraper or the sideTrack.

The extreme brush complete weighs about 195g -200g

LOL, really /emoticons/biggrin.png

Richard

Richard you keep mentioning to people dont worry about the weight but we do ,your brushes weigh so much more and the stock is i think heavy and scary as i mentioned in my video .No one is mentioning they dont clean well they do and i was impressed but weight is a big thing

Hi Mark,

I will be doing more gradual small changes the Aerial Brush; I have listen to comments as well as the general wants & preferences about brushes. On your review alone I am going to make a particular change.

Don’t be scared, the brush stock is very compact; so will feel denser, but the overall brush weight is about the same as a super lite brush, you have probably used these brushes yourself.

I have been using the brushes longer than anybody, 3 years plus and I have only dented or chipped the paint of wooded window frames, but that has occurred with every brush I have used. Some wooden window frames can be so soft you can push your finger nail into them. Upvc frames are a very hard material more so than the Tecbuk brush stock, so no damage has ever occurred there and the same for all the other types of window frame.

Richard

335 tecbuk brush Is still too heavy for me.....

258 DT Gardiner,.... so after seeing marks vid I will not be buying your standard brush.

Richard you have had loads of ppl mention the weight so yes it's a big deal for alot of ppl not just mark and myself so you need to pull your finger out and make a better brush. Simples /emoticons/wink.png

Richard, how can you continue to ignore feedback from your customers and brush it off (no pun intended) that they are wrong and you are right? The brush stock does cause genuine damage to frames, and I am speaking from experience, and brush weight, however many grams are an issue to the majourity of us.

I've just weighed my aerial brush with the jets, tube and angle adapter, the angle adapter though is the gardiner 90 deg socket not the tecbuk socket which will weigh a little more than the gardiner socket, and the brush weighs in at 335g

Just weighed my extreme.

Extreme bush with red fan jets

All pipes

Angle socket

Adjustable resi neck

Short piece of aqua dapter hose

Push fit JG fitting on end of pole hose.

Complete weighs 320grams!!

If Richard refuses to copy Gardiners block concept perhaps Alex will copy the Tecbuk brush bristle concept. I think that's what a lot of us want to see happen. Just thinking out loud, oops sorry. :)

To bad Richard isn't selling brushes to Americans. Most of them could care less about weight because over here bigger is better.

Americans and weight ? I can see a joke somewhere /emoticons/tongue.png

On a serious note. What is it with most Americans I see on you tube using aluminium poles? Why don't they use carbon?

Is there a reason for it Mike?

I agree that Richard should do a lighter brush or bring out the lightest.. And hopefully more will give it a try! I'm comfortable with the weight at the moment. I use a slx 22 for 99.9% of my work, have some runs where the houses all have extensions that need a near horizontal reach over roofs, the pole feels the heaviest when positioned like that, the tecbuk brush just glides easily, no drag, with very little effort needed.. but when doing straight up 2nd storey work I didn't feel a difference..

I'm going to weigh the brushes while soaking wet...

Back