Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Small apartment block quoting

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I know what you mean , this company won’t allow loan working and the risk assessment dictates that there are two people , I have two per van on jobs like this it makes life so much easier on domestic it’s not so cost effective but Ime trying to expand the commercial work side to make it more profitable . We do a lot of this type of thing .

View attachment 17771

View attachment 17772

View attachment 17773

View attachment 17774

View attachment 17775

View attachment 17776
Those are some cracking jobs! So much glass, though, I think I'd get lost, "Haven't I already done that bit?" ?

On that note, @Part Timer, your a big fan of the 35cm
Just did a facia job this morning so put the standard 2 jet brush on with the longer bristles to get behind the gutter. After doing the fascia I started to clean the windows with it, my son asked me why I was laughing and I said how the hell did we clean windows with these little brushes before. Now I understand our more elderly patrons on here, @spruceand @Davy G, and the infirm @Denwill struggle to use bigger brushes but the rest should at least try them out. 

Just did a facia job this morning so put the standard 2 jet brush on with the longer bristles to get behind the gutter. After doing the fascia I started to clean the windows with it, my son asked me why I was laughing and I said how the hell did we clean windows with these little brushes before. Now I understand our more elderly patrons on here, @spruceand @Davy G, and the infirm @Denwill struggle to use bigger brushes but the rest should at least try them out. 

What brushes do you use for windows and what life span do you get from them ?? 

What brushes do you use for windows and what life span do you get from them ?? 
I use 45cm flocked, Gardiner stopped selling them so bought a few for stock in the sale, had one on a pole for over a year and is still as good as new. Find they last best and are great for maintenance cleans with a scraper. Have a 45cm dupont that lasted about 3 months, and won't buy another one, and have had a few 45cm Ultimate medium soft, not lasted long, circa 6 months. For the high stuff I use a 35cm Ultimate medium soft but that only works about 8 - 10 hours a month. 

Need to buy some new poles and brushes and will probably buy CLX poles as I genuinely don't rate the SLX. Mine hasn't lasted as long and it gets maintained, plus you get the dreaded black fingers. Where as the CLX's have been used and abused for twice as long and are considerably cheaper. Currently don't need to go down the Extreme route so won't be buying them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use 45cm flocked, Gardiner stopped selling them so bought a few for stock in the sale, had one on a brush for over a year and is still as good as new. Find they last best and are great for maintenance cleans with a scraper. Have a 45cm dupont that lasted about 3 months, and won't buy another one, and have had a few 45cm Ultimate medium soft, not lasted long, circa 6 months. For the high stuff I use a 35cm Ultimate medium soft but that only works about 8 - 10 hours a month. 

Need to buy some new poles and brushes and will probably buy CLX poles as I genuinely don't rate the SLX. Mine hasn't lasted as long and it gets maintained, plus you get the dreaded black fingers. Where as the CLX's have been used and abused for twice as long and are considerably cheaper. Currently don't need to go down the Extreme route so won't be buying them.

Thanks fir that I am using a  slx at the moment since my extreme  died , I never got black hands from that but the slx is terrible for it ,  we have been having major problems with brushes since Alex discontinued the supream stiff , the medium still is useless with hot water but he has assured me the stiff version is coming back cannot wait ???

Back