Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

So do you all work in the rain then?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Always work in the rain. If it’s torrential all day long I’ll probs knock off an hour or two early. If you don’t work in the rain in this country you would never get owt done. Most customers sympathise as they know you’ve a living to earn but you will always get a sarcastic moaner or two. Only ever been turned away a few times, they then get put to the bottom of the priority pile.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
Exactly, I have... or should I say 'had' one customer who used to turn the lads away if it 'was due to rain later' its pretty much always due to rain later in this country so I sarcastically explained I don't think I'll ever be able to do them and will try perhaps in the summer when we get a week of guaranteed sun.

Always work in the rain. If it’s torrential all day long I’ll probs knock off an hour or two early. If you don’t work in the rain in this country you would never get owt done. Most customers sympathise as they know you’ve a living to earn but you will always get a sarcastic moaner or two. Only ever been turned away a few times, they then get put to the bottom of the priority pile.

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

We clean windows and the next day it rains, need the customers to understand this.

I must admit i was always a bit of a rain dodger, but the busier i get the more i work in it.

I have a lad working with me now so wages to pay, i cant just sit at home not earning

Once you start working in it, youll get to know the ones who dont like it then you can either dump them or try to work around the rain in such a way you do those ones when its stopped.

Today for example its chucking it down, i know 3-4 of my custys wont like it, but i know its going to stop this aft so ill do the days work in a different order. In an ideal world these would be all binned off but its not an ideal world.

Customers who complain because it's raining as silly. You leave the windows wet and clean windows all week with waterfed pole. You know yourself that it's fine to clean. 

Most customers are at work anyway and gocardless sorts the payments out. So happy days.

Don't think it is quite as bad inland. I've just finished, nastiest day I've worked in. Sometimes wish I wasn't as busy  :1f622:
Yeh I think I got let off a bit just the odd heavy burst, but lashed down at 12pm so I went home to dry out. Then started back just after 1.30pm only missed 2 jobs as didn't want to work till after 5pm.

County Durham Lad

Back