Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Sodium hypo pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNCW

Hi all..

Hope your all sound ?

First time on forum..

Wondered if anyone can help me out please...

Just starting to use sodium hypo and bought a spot spray 37 ltr tank with a pump on top (type what go on bk of quad for weedkiller wtc)

Anyway i know pump wont last very long and wondered if anyone can suggest a pump sufficient for the hypo (diluted 4/1) what can go on to tank.....??

Iv looked into a few pumps and noticed few people say a pump with viton seals is needed....any help is much appreciated..

Im using 30meters of 8mm id clear braded hose and a **** lance what came with it...so any help on a lace or gun for the sodium would help also please....?? 

Sorry for all the questions on my first post....i will help others if i can...

Kind regards

?

Hi all..

Hope your all sound ?

First time on forum..

Wondered if anyone can help me out please...

Just starting to use sodium hypo and bought a spot spray 37 ltr tank with a pump on top (type what go on bk of quad for weedkiller wtc)

Anyway i know pump wont last very long and wondered if anyone can suggest a pump sufficient for the hypo (diluted 4/1) what can go on to tank.....??

Iv looked into a few pumps and noticed few people say a pump with viton seals is needed....any help is much appreciated..

Im using 30meters of 8mm id clear braded hose and a **** lance what came with it...so any help on a lace or gun for the sodium would help also please....?? 

Sorry for all the questions on my first post....i will help others if i can...

Kind regards

?
Try Rutland Pumps... they have a range of chem pumps ranging from Roller vane types to Everflow EF series (diaphram) all of which can handle the chemicals we use. Talk with them they will get you what you need.

Everflow EF chem pumps are very popular with the U.S roof softwashing chaps.

They also sell a range of chem related Lance's, nozzles, doodads etc.

I have the Everflow diaphram type and it runs fine....but just in case I always flush the chem system through 'obsessively'.... this pump also doubles up as my backup wfp pump just incase the 'Shurflo' decides its 7 years of working is enough ?

Cheers Dave.

Last edited by a moderator:
We just use a cheap Gardiner’s back pack for hypo mixes stronger than you are suggesting and find provided you wash it out alter use they last at least 3 years so ime sure the pump you already have will be ok just wash it out after . 

8 hours ago, Glazenwasser (.NL) said:

Try Rutland Pumps... they have a range of chem pumps ranging from Roller vane types to Everflow EF series (diaphram) all of which can handle the chemicals we use. Talk with them they will get you what you need.

Everflow EF chem pumps are very popular with the U.S roof softwashing chaps.

They also sell a range of chem related Lance's, nozzles, doodads etc.

I have the Everflow diaphram type and it runs fine....but just in case I always flush the chem system through 'obsessively'.... this pump also doubles up as my backup wfp pump just incase the 'Shurflo' decides its 7 years of working is enough ?

Cheers Dave.

Hey dave

Thank you so much for your post my friend ?

I have heard rutlands mentioned a couple times now,seems like the place to buy from dave ?

I will give them a ring to see what pump they can recomend.i will also look into a decent pump to use for maybe soft washing also,as i am going to move my business in that direction aswel dave.

I have no knowledge what so ever in these power cleaning set ups,iv cleaned patios /drives for around 10 urs but only with a cold water small petrol cleaner and just about no chemicals,as my main job was window cleaning but i have passed my work to employees and bought a new van to get serious about the power cleaning now as job satisfaction & tbh was getting sick of the windows..?

That pump on the clip is a beast bro ✌

I also have had a surflo pump for 7 years for windows dave..i have a few vans but in my van iv used pump for 7 years now and still running..mind u i have to bang it a couple times to start it. ..lol... prob needs bushes but always to busy to change them..

Anyway thank you for your reply and info dave....

Ya a top lad ?

Ill be on here a bit now so see you about bud ✌

Kind regards

We just use a cheap Gardiner’s back pack for hypo mixes stronger than you are suggesting and find provided you wash it out alter use they last at least 3 years so ime sure the pump you already have will be ok just wash it out after . 
Hi pjj m8 ?

Thank you for your reply buddy..

I have bought the 37 ltr tank and fitted it to van floor now m8...so just need a pump...never thought of a backpack tbh?,but teally want everything fitted in van on reels....lazy or what bro ?

I tried to wash this pump out what i got with it and what a carry on pjj m8...lol....i disconnected pump inlet and put small hose on and dropped it in water....wouldnt even suck the water up m8....was there about a hour pouring water down a 8mm hose ?

So thats why i was thinking need a decent pump and maybe a y piece to shut SH off and turn water on to flush pump.

How do u flush your pump m8? Or do you wait till tank empty them fill with water...

Sorry for all the q's man....? just learning bro ✌

Kindest regards

?

Ah ok thought your system had a pump , are you looking at using this for window cleaning as well or just hypo ?.. Ben Marriott at Rutland pumps sells hypo rated pumps give him a rung explain what you want to do and he can advise / supply pumps of all sizes , and they are very reasonable on price 

Ah ok thought your system had a pump , are you looking at using this for window cleaning as well or just hypo ?.. Ben Marriott at Rutland pumps sells hypo rated pumps give him a rung explain what you want to do and he can advise / supply pumps of all sizes , and they are very reasonable on price 
Hiya pjj m8 ?

Thanks buddy,just been looking at rutland pumps as dave above has recommended them,didnt realise there was so many pumps to choose from,think i berra ring them bro ?

No wont be using it for windows pjj bro as got a dedicated shurflo for that m8 (that pump been going 7years now.lol) just wanted another pump for the top of my new 37ltr tank to use that as a dedicated hypo setup...it has got a 40psi 3.7 lpm pump what came with it, but its poor and think will be knackered soon due to hypo...wont even suck water up the inlet hose if its longer than 20 cm, to flush pump with plain water...so im thinking i need a good chemical resistant pump pjj m8

Thank you bro & kind regards

?

Back