Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Quoting form on the website?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

J

Jacob

i have been thinking of getting a quoting form on my website, but i want to know your experience with it, does it gain more customers, does it gain more unserious customers or is it all good and save you time to quote on sigth?

I have a good google ranking and get a decent amount of customers that way, i just wonder if it gain more if the customer dont have to arrange date and time for me to come quote, but can sign up rigth there and then?

Whats your experinse?

I think it's worth it.

.....especially if your van is sign written with the website.

Anything that increases traffic to the site can only be good for Google rankings and general exposure. I pick up some quite good customers from it. I'll pm you my website so you can look at an example of the form I've got.

nice website Alien :thumbsup: i have same sort of personal business as you seem to have. I was thinking at a form similar to yours, simple so the customer doesent get confused but always good to acctually see how it can be done.

My car is sign written with name number and website so thats sorted.

other with a form or opinion are welcome the more examples the better /emoticons/smile.png

Thank you. There's a couple of sections that I'm going of the form to shorten it but one section that I would highly recommend keeping in is the 'How often would you like your windows cleaned?'

I need to then make that a drop down box (again to make it easier.

Like any salesman will tell you, you need to build up a rapport with a customer to get a good sale. A form is too faceless. For this trade it would also be a no go at least for me as I like to charge more for locked gates, awkward access etc, things that are far to subjective to put on a form.

A quote form should do more than just give a price on the screen,.. if you use a system like the FormidablePro plugin for wordpress the form can be made to calculate the price, offer additional services (gutter cleaning etc), email the quote to the customer, add the customer to your mailchimp mailing list, direct them to any "recommend a friend" type discounts you may offer, and even take payment/deposit or direct them to setup a direct debit.

Its a PITA to set it all up right, and the plugin does cost about $50 to buy - but it's well worth the effort in the long term.

thanks for the replys, i have been looking at some forms but cant really decide.

I have been doing it all face to face like Tolish says, and have worked great. Just thought it might get me more, but dont know

When people phone in for a quote before I have even said hello they are already telling me how any rear windows, front windows blah blah and on and on.

For me I insist on seeing any property I am quoting so I can scout out access issues, tricky windows and the probability of picking up the neighbors whilst I am there.

If it were me I would have a 'Request a quote form' but not allow an automated system to give out prices based on the opinions of the customers whom often have no idea what is involved in cleaning their windows.

Back