Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Some people....

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Clarkus84

Went to quote for an end terrace house yesterday (4 weekly maintenance clean) and had a wee look around.only a couple of minutes work really so sent the woman my quote (very cheap) and she got back to me asking what's included so I said as I do every time windows,frames and doors.she said,oh I do my downstairs windows and doors weekly,it's just the upstairs windows and gutting that would need done.

I had already noticed the grass growing out of the gutters when having a look and explained that gutters were not included as she had contacted me about window cleaning.I then told her if she wanted the gutters cleaned and cleared it would be £50 which I'd say is cheap.....no reply,lol!!!

Does anyone else get people like this or is my town just full off weirdos??[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

Whenever prospective customers ask for just upstairs windows to be cleaned alarm bells start ringing... I think they expect a 50% discount off the whole house when in reality it's not that much more effort for you to clean the ground floor windows as well once you've got all the equipment etc.. out of the van.

Whenever I'm asked this question I quote a high price for just the upstairs and then add an extra £2 to include the ground floor windows. They usually get the message ....

Last edited by a moderator:
They’re everywhere but i wouldn’t let it worry you. Why are you going in cheap anyway, winter is coming! Make it happen now before the horns of hell are upon us!
We had a difficult set of cards cards dealt to us on a gutter clearance yesterday. I had an incline there was problems so priced accordingly thankfully. Both downpipes at the front blocked all the way to the ground. Drill driver out unscrewing the screws holding the fittings together, pipes off the wall, 3 drain rods on the longest downpipe, re-fit pipes to the wall. (Some idiot had used super long screws on the downpipe joints which is why they were blocking up all the time) and they had fitted it right down to the drain guard so that the moss just built up and up inside as it couldn’t exit the bottom.
6:30 finish by the time we got home...it happens sometimes...never go in cheap.

They’re everywhere but i wouldn’t let it worry you. Why are you going in cheap anyway, winter is coming! Make it happen now before the horns of hell are upon us!
We had a difficult set of cards cards dealt to us on a gutter clearance yesterday. I had an incline there was problems so priced accordingly thankfully. Both downpipes at the front blocked all the way to the ground. Drill driver out unscrewing the screws holding the fittings together, pipes off the wall, 3 drain rods on the longest downpipe, re-fit pipes to the wall. (Some idiot had used super long screws on the downpipe joints which is why they were blocking up all the time) and they had fitted it right down to the drain guard so that the moss just built up and up inside as it couldn’t exit the bottom.
6:30 finish by the time we got home...it happens sometimes...never go in cheap.

Did you not try and gutter vac it ?

I get - can you just give that fascia a wipe over every so often when your doing the windows. No mention of any extra cash...

Or in some instances a few have said - I will drop you an extra fiver...
I think over time you get used to it...i have a little chuckle inwardly when I get these as the last thing they want hear is more cost! Heaven forbid they might value my time?.

Back