Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

layout of work and payments and dates ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

slipknot

Hey guys i just wanna ask a few questions how do you guys lay your books out so u know who paid on what date and such as i know people use diffrent methods i was just thinking of this the other day

also with keep records of tax do you need to show the tax man every single customer you did on which dates or do you just add up the monthly fee as to how much you made and just keep it as say

jan - £800 one month

feb - £650 that month

and so forth ? but also have the records to back it up then when filling in a tax forum u just add it all together ?

You need to keep a record of money RECIEVED in the tax year if you are a sole trader.

Mine is pretty simple, i enter cash received into a cash book with details of where its from, £10 window cleaning, £30 gutters etc. I dont put where its specifically from i.e number 12 so n so street as the advice i was given is the hrmc does not care where its from only that you have received it. (online cash book btw)

Everything that goes into the bank is there for all to see

At the end of the year i take my cash book earnings and whats gone into my bank and add them together.

I dont use my software (george) for my accounts because it isnt accurate i just use it for a guideline for my round, i often chop and change the order, skip payments, mark payments as paid say 12 quid when it was 8 quid front.

The only thing thats accurate is what i have actually received so make a note of it

You could make an excel sheet, I have an excel sheet listing all customers and price. I also have an excel sheet where I enter all the banking transactions. Works a treat

Back