Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting out would like to go the WFP

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Well I did this job yesterday morning and it did take longer than expected, I was on the job about 1hr30 and used about 45ltrs of water. I did notice a couple of windows had some water marks after they dried so went over them again. So I guess I need to improve my rinsing technique!
Do you mean it took you 1hr 30 minutes to clean or is that including travel time. 

Well done. To be fair you quoted £60 didn't you? So that's £40 an hour so not bad considering you will speed up over time and it was first clean. I bet in a few months you will have that down to nearer 30 mins, then you will be on £120 an hour for that job ? 
Yep £60 so not so bad it is a big building to be fair it's actually 2 units. I did spend time chatting ect as it's where I used to work. next time if i can get under 1hr i'll be happy?

Do you mean it took you 1hr 30 minutes to clean or is that including travel time. 
Actual time on site ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep £60 so not so bad it is a big building to be fair it's actually 2 units. I did spend time chatting ect as it's where I used to work. next time if i can get under 1hr i'll be happy?

Actual time on site ?
Just surprised it took that long and also how you managed too only use 45ltrs of water

Just surprised it took that long and also how you managed too only use 45ltrs of water
I remember taking 2x 25ltr containers and emptying one of the 25lts and using about 10ltrs of the second one. i can't remember if i had to fill up the backpack when i got there or if it was already partially full so i could be under estimating how much i used, could be an extra 10/20lts

Because people were coming out and chatting i lost track?

I did think i used too much water?‍♂️

I'd say you didn't use enough water.  For a first clean I'd expect 75 to 100 litres.  It's always best to use more on a first clean to properly flush out all the **** and any residue in the seals.  Ongoing 50 litres on that job is about right once you're up to speed.  

I'd say you didn't use enough water.  For a first clean I'd expect 75 to 100 litres.  It's always best to use more on a first clean to properly flush out all the **** and any residue in the seals.  Ongoing 50 litres on that job is about right once you're up to speed.  
Fair enough. I did say after the first clean they will look better as they haven't been cleaned for a while, hopefully in 8 weeks they won't be too bad

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember taking 2x 25ltr containers and emptying one of the 25lts and using about 10ltrs of the second one. i can't remember if i had to fill up the backpack when i got there or if it was already partially full so i could be under estimating how much i used, could be an extra 10/20lts

Because people were coming out and chatting i lost track?

I did think i used too much water?‍♂️
Gotcha, not enough water I thought always best not to skimp that's the downside of using a back pack and containers always conscious of not having enough water, I started wfp using a trolley and i managed but my eyes were opened once I got a tank and had no worries about running out of water 

Back