Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Taking Work Off Trad Guy

WCF

Help Support WCF:

you can here, unless it is a road then you have to go through the right channels.

you can have the all the proper insurance you can have upto £10million public liability if you want but if something did happen that went to court and you didnt do all the things that you should of done and the right paper work then that insurance can become voild. then you personally would have to pay out for anything.
I would double check with the council on that, if you block off a path way where does the pedestrian go? The road, lol

Blocking a pavement for a unreasonable reason is the same as a road. It's a public highway. I would argue that blocking as you described would be a reasonable reason unless you were forcing persons on the road.
beat me to it lol

tell you guys what, do what you want, say want you want work how you want.

im sick of trying to give people advice on things that they are not sure on with h&s when they havent got a clue on it and the things that goes on when something happens.

I can only speak for me but I'm not asking for advice. As stated I have been on a course for H&S in window cleaning plus spent the last 8 years as a Police Officer most of which was as a firearms officer in the Met. I managed unknown risks day in day out conducting risk assessments all day but with dangerous outcomes. I've also investigated two industrial accidents (fatals) and worked closely with HSE.

It comes down to common sense and good working practices. Both of which can (not always) be achieved without going on a course.

tell you guys what, do what you want, say want you want work how you want.

im sick of trying to give people advice on things that they are not sure on with h&s when they havent got a clue on it and the things that goes on when something happens.
Chill, No ones attacking you

Hey come on guys if the thread is getting heated lets get back to the OT. With regards to trad guys taking my work, business is business and as long as they dont give false information out about the wfp system or see their bum if I pick one of their jobs then I don't mind too much. If there was no competition then I wouldn't be as focused!

Back