Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Thermopure System

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi Guys,

Am after some advise if possible please ....

Currently I’m operating a 2 person 800lt Thermopure system which has 1 hot wash & 1 cold wash ...

It’s run through a Webasto set up and I am looking at getting it serviced as I’ve been using it from new for around a year, can anyone recommend a company that can service the unit? ...

Secondly, can I get the cold feed made into a hot feed so I’m running 2 hot poles? Seems a bit mad working with 1 of each?

I purchased the unit brand new from IONICS (I’ve just shivered when mentioning them) around a year ago and had a few issues with them so am reluctant to deal with them anymore! ...

Thanks in advance,

Phill - Fleets

Hi one & all,

can anyone recommend where the best place to get my Webasto system serviced?

I am currently operating a 800lt Thermopure system (2 person) one hot feed and one cold feed.

I would like to also have 2 hot feed operating and wondering whether it’s a viable option?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any approved wabasto service centre can service it google the nearest one to you , and yes it can be altered to supply two hot poles again speak to your nearest dealer or someone like Grippatank they could alter it for you 

Hi Guys,

Am after some advise if possible please ....

Currently I’m operating a 2 person 800lt Thermopure system which has 1 hot wash & 1 cold wash ...

It’s run through a Webasto set up and I am looking at getting it serviced as I’ve been using it from new for around a year, can anyone recommend a company that can service the unit? ...

Secondly, can I get the cold feed made into a hot feed so I’m running 2 hot poles? Seems a bit mad working with 1 of each?

I purchased the unit brand new from IONICS (I’ve just shivered when mentioning them) around a year ago and had a few issues with them so am reluctant to deal with them anymore! ...

Thanks in advance,

Phill - Fleets

Numerous people have Webasto diesel units and have run them for years without servicing them. There is a thread on here just recently regarding this.

As I haven't seen Ionic using a 5.2kw Thermo Top C boiler, I presume that you are talking at the 9.1kw st90 or one of those variants.

If you have the smaller boiler then the boiler isn't big enough to run hot water for 2 operators.

If its the bigger one then you can do it but the conversion wouldn't be cheap.

Ionics uses a slightly different hot water system to others. Basically the boiler heats up your ist operators water through a water to water plate heat exchanger. When you close your water off to the brush, pressure builds in the line and at 65psi a pressure relief valve opens and diverts that hot water into the tank. The pump runs all the time.

If you are going to a two man setup then you need to fit 1 mixer valve

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEBASTO-or-EBERSPACHER-Instant-Hot-Water-Heat-Exchanger-Mixer-Valve-Kit/290957122518?hash=item43be655bd6:g:eek:w0AAMXQyfFSAQKe

1 water to water plate heat exchanger with mixer valve

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WEBASTO-or-EBERSPACHER-Hot-Water-Heat-Exchanger-with-Mixer-Valve-4111209A/271200647299?hash=item3f24d17883:g:pWMAAOxy-WxTD1do

You then plumb the new heat exchanger into the existing heat circuit. So you will have the hot water from the boiler going into your existing heat exchanger as it is now. The exit will then go to the inlet of the second heat exchanger where the arrow in is and out to your header tank. So you will need additional piping such as 1/2" car heater hose, brass couplings etc.

You could still use the pressure relief valve on the current setup to bleed heat back to the tank when you stop washing windows but it could well be a pain to adjust the flow rate so it works.

The idea of the mixer valves is to share the heat with each operator so the water at the brush heads will not be as hot as it is now at the single operators brush head.

The ionic system is very good as its simple and keeps the boiler working. A boiler that stops and starts uses battery power and the operator will often find he has cold water at his brush head whilst the heater starts up again.

This thread changed from problems at Grippatank to diesel heaters about 1/2 way through.

https://windowcleaningforums.co.uk/forums/topic/30742-problems-at-grippatank/?tab=comments#comment-429270

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Back