Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Need Help With Diy Setup

WCF

Help Support WCF:

corderz

Right, i have just bought myself a new van (VW Caddy) and will be selling my old van fully kitted out so will be needing to kit out the Caddy

So, the help i need is where is the best place to find all the items i need for the cheapest price

Here are the things i need:

• 350L Tank
  • Pump and Controller
  • Hose Reel and Hose
  • Leisure Battery
  • 22ft Pole
  • Best Connecting Hose

If anyone can offer any help on where these items are cheapest, that would be great :Image3:

did you get your old van already kitted out. if you know what to look for the main area is ebay. having used a van mount you will know what to look for , this is my next step, whenever i get a van.

just Google items, all suppliers will have every thing you need, just 1 will be cheaper for 1 thing and another for somethink else,

if I was you I will phone all suppliers and play them off each other for a discount,

I uses pure freedom diy system and its been fine over the last 4 years.

not sure I would uses ebay as if item doesn't work or goes faulty you may have problems getting a replacement

I've used eBay shops to purchase pole,pump,tank.resin and vessel, pump and vari flo controller,hose reel and hose,a good diesel battery from scrappie,connectors and tank tap fitting local DIY n fitted it out in. 2 hours,mind works a treat,and with the eBay shops,it invoice and guarantee for 12 months

Set up my own DIY system this year. Got most of it on ebay, alot second hand. Heres a few of my thoughts.

I would definately get the tank 2nd hand again, its just a tank and can save you a fair bit.

I WOULDNT get second hand pumps again, got 2 and one never worked the other died 4 months later.

Second hand pole I got was hopeless, Im gonna butcher it and turn it into a super shorty for use in alleyways etc.

I got my hose+reel pretty cheap, I just missed out on an auction so contacted the seller, he agreed to sell me another at the same price as the winning bidder. Might be worth a try?

And I decided to pay out for a decent pole, I got a Gardiner SLX 25ft, and I love it, light and easy to use, a 10 hour day leaves me with no strain at all anywhere (Not entirely true, I have serious problems with 1 wrist, but the fact I am still able to work with it says alot).

ANy question feel free to message me. Hope that was possibly of some help and hope it all goes well!

Totally agree with second hand pump or pole,asking for trouble,I bought all mine new and most from one supplier(not threw eBay but under his trading name)/emoticons/wink.png,saved a bit here n there and it all good,ro unit was a waste, in my opinion n I use resin vessels,a few teething problems,but heyho,it wouldn't be life without em

Thanks for advice,appreciated

Set up my own DIY system this year. Got most of it on ebay, alot second hand. Heres a few of my thoughts.
I would definately get the tank 2nd hand again, its just a tank and can save you a fair bit.

I WOULDNT get second hand pumps again, got 2 and one never worked the other died 4 months later.

Second hand pole I got was hopeless, Im gonna butcher it and turn it into a super shorty for use in alleyways etc.

I got my hose+reel pretty cheap, I just missed out on an auction so contacted the seller, he agreed to sell me another at the same price as the winning bidder. Might be worth a try?

And I decided to pay out for a decent pole, I got a Gardiner SLX 25ft, and I love it, light and easy to use, a 10 hour day leaves me with no strain at all anywhere (Not entirely true, I have serious problems with 1 wrist, but the fact I am still able to work with it says alot).

ANy question feel free to message me. Hope that was possibly of some help and hope it all goes well!
Good advice mate.

Thanks for the advice

Anyone recommend a decent pump and controller (for a decent price)
Ive just ordered Shurflo 100PSI pump with the varistream from cleaning spot for £120+VAT (Free postage over £50). Best price I have found.
Or if you want a cheap controller, im going to sell my analogue frequency controller soon pretty cheap soon (6 months old, used maybe 10 hours a week on average). It works fine, just uses the cut out switch on the pump to control the maximum pressure, all you control is the speed the pump runs at. So you might want to go for a 60PSI pump with it........ Message me if your interested at all. The guy who makes them is on here name 'rcproperty'. He was very helpful and the kit works fine. Think I got it for £45 new?

Back