Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Toughest GFS yet !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

A mix of 1x750ml bottle of bleach which is an average of 4.6-4.8% available chlorine (percentage of hypo) in a 25l barrel of water won't bleach any walls etc when doing a first clean although it brings the frames etc up spotless.

I usually use a spray bottle and work on 1 inch of bleach and the rest water and works with any size bottle.
Awesome! Gonna give this a go! I always wondered but have got a huge stock of different types of TFR to use so never bothered. All for it if it gets the **** off quicker. Cheers pal! 

Hold on? You add store bleach to hypo? Surprised you haven’t had the backlash everyone else gets on here when they try adding anything to hypo. 

We use farm yard hypo but are always adding the expensive surfactant and scent mask to it in order to get the best performance. It seems as though you’re indicating that they do the same job? 

Also very intrigued with the idea of using thick bleach in a backpack of water for all first cleans and gsf cleans. I’d be concerned about it leaving clean streaks on render and patios etc. Do you ever have this problem? 
I doubt he would get any backlash as not many on here understand chemicals as well as Kevin does.

I've had many a conversation with him regarding quats and different chemicals and you won't go wrong listening to him..

Believe it or not even using pure or tap water will make a difference with hypo due to the different ph.

A bit of bleach in a backpack won't cause any issues on render etc.

Awesome! Gonna give this a go! I always wondered but have got a huge stock of different types of TFR to use so never bothered. All for it if it gets the **** off quicker. Cheers pal! 
Just don't go stronger or you could make the upvc go yellow.

If this does happen with a weak mix don't panic as within a few minutes it will be white again.

I doubt he would get any backlash as not many on here understand chemicals as well as Kevin does.

I've had many a conversation with him regarding quats and different chemicals and you won't go wrong listening to him..

Believe it or not even using pure or tap water will make a difference with hypo due to the different ph.

A bit of bleach in a backpack won't cause any issues on render etc.
I have learned a huge amount from @kevinc250 he’s very helpful and has an excellent knowledge, if he suggests something you can be sure he has his facts right ?

i'm just a window cleaner, dabbling in softwashing but, i'm a bit geeky so like to research- a lot,

@Hoopsyou mentioned my use of shop bought bleach for facias etc, if you are in a hard water area then add three litres of tap water to a bucket and 375ml of shop bleach to the bucket and stir well, this is how i clean facias and conny roofs just by bringing the brush down into the bucket, this way theres really no waste but more importantly i am not softwashing walls and allowing the mix to hit the floor as its sticks to the surface, agitate and rinse after the dwell time with pure so that the ph  on the surface returns to normal.

my method is really not a new thing as  some have been using it for some time, its just that on forums and social media you see a barrage of just hypo hypo and then hypo and thats where it all go's wrong.

if i  were to clean stone cills which i have in the past i just use mr muscle drain cleaner, 

both of the above are shop bought products and whilst it may seem that i'm an beginner in this field i am just using a product that does the job i want it to do and produces the best results,.

i could, with a bit of research and validating by my chemist, produce something that can do this but why when there are already products here and easy to buy already?, thats why i go for the easier option of shop bought bleach don't re-invent the wheel,

i'm just a window cleaner, dabbling in softwashing but, i'm a bit geeky so like to research- a lot,

@Hoopsyou mentioned my use of shop bought bleach for facias etc, if you are in a hard water area then add three litres of tap water to a bucket and 375ml of shop bleach to the bucket and stir well, this is how i clean facias and conny roofs just by bringing the brush down into the bucket, this way theres really no waste but more importantly i am not softwashing walls and allowing the mix to hit the floor as its sticks to the surface, agitate and rinse after the dwell time with pure so that the ph  on the surface returns to normal.

my method is really not a new thing as  some have been using it for some time, its just that on forums and social media you see a barrage of just hypo hypo and then hypo and thats where it all go's wrong.

if i  were to clean stone cills which i have in the past i just use mr muscle drain cleaner, 

both of the above are shop bought products and whilst it may seem that i'm an beginner in this field i am just using a product that does the job i want it to do and produces the best results,.

i could, with a bit of research and validating by my chemist, produce something that can do this but why when there are already products here and easy to buy already?, thats why i go for the easier option of shop bought bleach don't re-invent the wheel,
That’s brilliant mate! And you’re talking about thick bleach aren’t you as it clings better to vertical surfaces.

I’ve only done softwashing for a couple of years and did a ton of research about it all. I became a proper google, YouTube and forum nerd! Glad I did though as we have done plenty of softwash jobs and are yet to encountered a big problem. Although we did have to pay for some new childrens clothes for one customer as we were a little spray happy in the wind one day and ruined a few garments on the washing line ??‍♂️

Definitely gonna try the shop bleach for first cleans and those damn conny roofs! Also intrigued about replacing the expensive scent mask and surfactant additives with just shop bleach you say? 

That’s brilliant mate! And you’re talking about thick bleach aren’t you as it clings better to vertical surfaces.

I’ve only done softwashing for a couple of years and did a ton of research about it all. I became a proper google, YouTube and forum nerd! Glad I did though as we have done plenty of softwash jobs and are yet to encountered a big problem. Although we did have to pay for some new childrens clothes for one customer as we were a little spray happy in the wind one day and ruined a few garments on the washing line ??‍♂️

Definitely gonna try the shop bleach for first cleans and those damn conny roofs! Also intrigued about replacing the expensive scent mask and surfactant additives with just shop bleach you say? 
Surfactants arnt expense 5 ltr costs  £20 and you only need 300 ml per neat drum of hypo . Decent scent mask is around £30 a ltr  and again only a small amount is needed ,shop bought bleach won’t act as a scent mask . 

I’ve only done softwashing for a couple of years and did a ton of research about it all. I became a proper google, YouTube and forum nerd! Glad I did though as we have done plenty of softwash jobs and are yet to encountered a big problem. Although we did have to pay for some new childrens clothes for one customer as we were a little spray happy in the wind one day and ruined a few  on the washing line ??‍♂️

place a cowel around the nozzle so you don't get any drift, think of a frisby placed over the nozzle-food for thought

Surfactants arnt expense 5 ltr costs  £20 and you only need 300 ml per neat drum of hypo . Decent scent mask is around £30 a ltr  and again only a small amount is needed ,shop bought bleach won’t act as a scent mask . 
They’re expensive if you live in Guernsey pal. No git sends them over here without charging an arm and a leg! 

place a cowel around the nozzle so you don't get any drift, think of a frisby placed over the nozzle-food for thought
I spray through a brush head as it helps me work it in whilst spraying so I don’t usually get much drift. Just seems that day was an exception. 

They’re expensive if you live in Guernsey pal. No git sends them over here without charging an arm and a leg! 

I spray through a brush head as it helps me work it in whilst spraying so I don’t usually get much drift. Just seems that day was an exception. 
Ok didn’t realise you were in guernsey is there no ware on the island that sells anything like that ?? Maybe a new business opportunity is there for you ????

Ok didn’t realise you were in guernsey is there no ware on the island that sells anything like that ?? Maybe a new business opportunity is there for you ????
Mate, we literally have nowhere here for supplies! Everything has to be ordered online! Just as well actually because the prices they would charge here wouldn’t be worth it anyway! 

Mate, we literally have nowhere here for supplies! Everything has to be ordered online! Just as well actually because the prices they would charge here wouldn’t be worth it anyway! 
So Ime assuming you have to buy from England ?? Postage I bet is expensive ,and guess  it takes a while for  it to be delivered ?? 

Latest Posts

Back