Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Univalve and jet capsules

WCF

Help Support WCF:

darryn71

Just fitted univalve with 100 percent Gardiners fan jets 

I have da compentants pump and controller 

Setup this week but feels like fans jets are spraying every wear 

I have turned controller down to about number 30 but still seems powerful pressure

I am used to working with tap on pole 

What other jet capsules are other people using 

Thanks

The 100 degree jets do really fan out. They’re great for cleaning solars, fascia’s, conny roofs etc. Try pencil jets. 1.4mm will save you water, 2mm is prob most common. They just put out direct jets of water, like a mini hose pipe.

Unless I’m missing something the univalve isn’t relevant to the question mate. The jets are unaffected by a univalve. I can tell you (rather anecdotally) that the jets are likely to break easier when used with a univalve. I’d suggest using one of the new Gardiner goose necks if you aren’t already. The one with a hose in connection at the bottom and a house out connection on top. 

I have turned controller down to about number 30 but still seems powerful pressure

Thanks
I'd personally bin the fan jets and get some standard pencil jets 

They are like misting fans and they won't give you a quality rinse 

Just ordered some 50 fan jets 

Never used pencils jet before 

Would order 3 mm pencil jets for to try 

If I was to buy any 

100 fan jets using univalve was like a mist effect 

Hoping the 50s are ok 

Just ordered some 50 fan jets 

Never used pencils jet before 

Would order 3 mm pencil jets for to try 

If I was to buy any 

100 fan jets using univalve was like a mist effect 

Hoping the 50s are ok 
3 mm pencil jets will use a lot of water , 2 mm is the best in my opinion for a quick rinse with minimal water usage , I found the 1:4 mm was like using a pressure washer and had a lot of splash back . 

Thanks
With fan jets you need to have the brush very close to the window when rinsing not 6 inches away like when using pencil jets otherwise water will be going everywhere and you'll lose the benefit of using fan jets 

Like P4dstar said already it’s nothing to do with the univalve.  The univalve controls the flow of water. 
Fan jets take a bit of getting used to. You have to try and use what you prefer. 
Just another quick point to consider, The close coupling to the brush with the jet capsules works best. It doesn’t put too much pressure on the capsules. 

Latest Posts

Back