Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanting more flow rate. What's the issue?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I mean that's the flow rate I've got it up to now. That flow rate is fine! It's just I was getting the pressure switch coming on all the time. Until I turned the pressure switch further in so I could achieve that. I was working with flow way lower than that and it was nightmare hence me trying to achieve higher flow 
The pressure switch is set in factory ,to protect the pump. 

Again question is ,why do you feel a greater flow rate? Above the factory setting for the pump. Try looking for a greater flow rate pump,than mess with pressure switch. 
Before going down that route, maybe worth a week or 2 trying pencil jets. Instead of fan jets. 2mm or 3 mm

So your saying 2.2lpm is too much for the pump?
No mate 2 to 2.5ltr is more than likely it's best working rate ,without knackering it.

Before going down that route, maybe worth a week or 2 trying pencil jets. Instead of fan jets. 2mm or 3 mm

No mate 2 to 2.5ltr is more than likely it's best working rate ,without knackering it.
This is my point I've had to mess with the pressure switch to even achieve that. Lot of folk believe my pump after 4 years hasn't got the adequate flow rate like when it was new. 

I've been window cleaner for 4 years. The fans are the best for me. Tried the others when I started now I favour fans.
Then ,with my view on central heating pumps, and wfp is only a system like that is. In my view ,to achieve the flow rate you say you want ,you need a pump that can achieve 10 to 12ltr per minute, and also larger diameter hose.. that's only my opinion. Those more experienced can hopefully advise you. Now we know what you are looking for.

Then ,with my view on central heating pumps, and wfp is only a system like that is. In my view ,to achieve the flow rate you say you want ,you need a pump that can achieve 10 to 12ltr per minute, and also larger diameter hose.. that's only my opinion. Those more experienced can hopefully advise you. Now we know what you are looking for.
It's like, I wouldnt back in the day  install central heating using microbore pipe work. Would always install using 22mm pipe work,  with the last 6 to 8 inches of 15mm going to radiator valve, to allow flow rate to be adequate. 

It's like, I wouldnt back in the day  install central heating using microbore pipe work. Would always install using 22mm pipe work,  with the last 6 to 8 inches of 15mm going to radiator valve, to allow flow rate to be adequate. 
You would quickly go out of business using 22mm all the time. We all use 15mm barrier pipe now and plastic fittings. Got to use copper pipe coming off the boiler and on gas. I did the gas course and you can now do a house in a day pretty easy with two people. The problem with the 6 month course is the amount of gas fitters out there chasing less work.

You would quickly go out of business using 22mm all the time. We all use 15mm barrier pipe now and plastic fittings. Got to use copper pipe coming off the boiler and on gas. I did the gas course and you can now do a house in a day pretty easy with two people. The problem with the 6 month course is the amount of gas fitters out there chasing less work.
Hence why I got out of it. My boys company he works for use 22mm copper as I stated, but price accordingly.  And no call backs, or not many

Ian Docksey said:
Hence why I got out of it. My boys company he works for use 22mm copper as I stated, but price accordingly.  And no call backs, or not many
Most gas fitters dont even size the gas supply properly.  These boilers nowadays ,should be having 28mm supply until last few inches.

Must have been using cheap copper pipe if there is any because everyone I know use barrier pipe. My mate has his own company but he is in toe with the factors so never short of work. There was a windy cleaner on my course 5 years ago but he was using ladders and employing and wanted a change of career. If he discovered wfp then he probably would still be cleaning windows rather than fitting cookers.

Must have been using cheap copper pipe if there is any because everyone I know use barrier pipe. My mate has his own company but he is in toe with the factors so never short of work. There was a windy cleaner on my course 5 years ago but he was using ladders and employing and wanted a change of career. If he discovered wfp then he probably would still be cleaning windows rather than fitting cookers.
Again ,as with our job. Its each to their own mate. 

I mean that's the flow rate I've got it up to now. That flow rate is fine! It's just I was getting the pressure switch coming on all the time. Until I turned the pressure switch further in so I could achieve that. I was working with flow way lower than that and it was nightmare hence me trying to achieve higher flow 
There is no way you need 4-5 ltr per muinit  for  window cleaning evan we don’t use that much running flat out on costal  salty windows , I think you would be better of& trying 2 mm pencil jets , if you need more flow and you won’t then get 3 mm pencil jets , what size tank have you got ?? At the rate you say you used to use you will be getting through 300 ltr per hour , I don’t think your figures add up to be honest .

There is no way you need 4-5 ltr per muinit  for  window cleaning evan we don’t use that much running flat out on costal  salty windows , I think you would be better of& trying 2 mm pencil jets , if you need more flow and you won’t then get 3 mm pencil jets , what size tank have you got ?? At the rate you say you used to use you will be getting through 300 ltr per hour , I don’t think your figures add up to be honest .
No I've got it to 2.2lpm now but it was less than that before I changed pressure switch. I'm not trying to get it to 5lpm? Don't get where that's come from 

Ok someone said 4-5 ltr per muinit think it was @Ian Docksey ?? I must have got the wrong end of the stick sorry ??
Yeah never wanted that haha. What I was saying is my pressure switch was coming on and now I've changed it and turned the screw inwards I can now achieve a flow rate of 2.2lpm. But I couldn't before as the pressure switch came on. But lot of folk have mentioned that the pump might not be giving out the flow rate is used to like when it was new.. so I've had to adjust the PS to enable for me to get higher flow rate.. maybe if I put my new pump I wouldn't have to adjust anything. But may aswell have that spare for now 

So just checked it and on flow rate of 7 I'm getting about 2.2lpm. But the pump does sound quite loud and I'm only achieving this after turning the pressure switch down. I'm wondering whether I installed new pump it would achieve these results only flow rate of maybe like 4 or 5? 
Sounds like your pump needs a date with a wheelie bin mate 

Back