Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Big house price advice

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Maybe3 hrs outside with WFP

I suppose you could really get bogged down inside/ lose the will to live and it take all week !

If its going to take you a full day including travel just charge your day rate and cater for a bit of fuel. £200 would be a good figure.

At the end of the day without actually cleaning it you cant say how long its gonna take so take a risk price it at day rate and if you get it get there early and get cracking. Once youve done it once you can decide if its worth doing again

Decent sized house but windows look nice and easy, prob wont take long once you do a good first on it, I'd want a few of them to travel that far.

Im danish you know ! Its possible to get away with over here in my area . The western part og the country is low priced , middle and east is Way better priced .

Maybe3 hrs outside with WFPI suppose you could really get bogged down inside/ lose the will to live and it take all week !

How have they found you @Hunty? Seems a bit odd that someone 60 miles?, away has got in touch. Maybe canvass the area to try and tag some more work onto the same day you clean this one? That job is going to take you the best part of half a day including travel. Add diesel and driving time minus cleaning bill and you won't make a lot.
I used to sell door to door in the area, and freak would have it they noticed me cleaning in London and asked if I went there, I wouldn't want to take the mic with the price or charge travel it was more over if they pay more on the hourly rate it is worth my while canvassing the area and seeing where it takes me, that is not there exact house but they are all like that in that area, very large and affluent, by what I can see quoting them more than my usual hourly rate won't be an issue by most comments, I will work on the hour rate/time taken of course method to quote but point is should hourly rate be more as it is affluent and I think as long as not takin mic the answer is yes [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

I do a couple of big houses and do one nearly identical to the one in picture but slightly larger.To be honest they can be a pain .The one I do like the picture ,you have to phone in advance but they are in and out the country a lot so a bi monthly quite often goes to quarterly.

In terms of gaining other work like this I found it very rare most properties like this are so large the neighbours can't even see you so the chance of walk ups are none.and most really wealthy keep them selves to them selves you will tend to deal with the house keeper.

Another thing is the house looks very nice but most won't want or allow you to take pictures for website etc because of security.same goes for gates they don,t like giving out codes or key fobes to every one that works for them due to security.

But you can get very good money if they trust you and you do a good job they will pay highly for it not all rich people are tight.

The one in the picture looks like Wentworth or St Georges hill in Surrey a lot of them types of house are not only gated but on gated estates with security which means you can't get any were near them to canvas.
Your spot on with area, and yes that is the case, that was my main concern, there are a lot of famous people in this road (like a class famous) and they are either not in most of time or security won't let me get near the door to canvas, this person I actually know sort of, so I may say look I am happy to do a one off for you but if you want regular you will need to get a couple of neighbours on board, or canvas near by weybrige or surrounding to see about getting a round, but that defies my point as it is a bit far for me as I in east London, your in Bromley way aren't you cgh?

Your spot on with area, and yes that is the case, that was my main concern, there are a lot of famous people in this road (like a class famous) and they are either not in most of time or security won't let me get near the door to canvas, this person I actually know sort of, so I may say look I am happy to do a one off for you but if you want regular you will need to get a couple of neighbours on board, or canvas near by weybrige or surrounding to see about getting a round, but that defies my point as it is a bit far for me as I in east London, your in Bromley way aren't you cgh?

Hi mate,no I am in Hertfordshire

The house I do like the one in pic is in Hertfordshire but I know of the areas you are talking about and could tell by the pic.

In them sort of areas I would say you will get around the £200 for the outs bear in mind them parts of the country are very,very affluent houses go from anything between £3mil - £20 mil so a couple of hundred is peanuts to them.

That's my point, 2 houses a day at that price I don't need to include travel, Herts a nice place you have a few nice areas like this there, thanks for advice [emoji106]

Not these houses though poles, there are some big houses but not affluent and that was my main q do you charge more for affluent as if you don't you are right there are still "big" houses closer

Not these houses though poles, there are some big houses but not affluent and that was my main q do you charge more for affluent as if you don't you are right there are still "big" houses closer

Question answers itself really I suppose, I just charge for time however much money they've got if they are massive houses they're probably loaded anyway.

You did, and yes I agree, I will quote them just for the day, usually do bookwork on a Friday so I can easily add extra day to my week, someone has messaged me to say he has a round in the area and bear him in mind if I don't want which I will happily do if it works out no good, but would like to clean it or at least quote to clean.

I would go in high,factor travel time in and if it pays well it doesn't matter how far it is.

This part of the uk your looking at is some of the most expensive in the uk.

That house in the picture is up for £9million when your house is worth that you have serious money you could go in at £350 and the owner may well say yes.

Slightly off topic but involves travelling for work. I cleaned a photographers house about 10 years ago. While I was there one day he came out n paid me. He said on the following Tuesday he was taking pics of the new fiesta van for the ford brochure and they were using a male model to clean some windows on an office block at Cambourne. Would I drive over there for 10 am and act as a consultant. It was a 50 mile journey each way. Said he would give me £250 for the day. If it went into 2 days I would get £500. I done some early morn shops on the way there coz I'm greedy. Got there about 10. Was done by 12 cheque in hand. Done some more windows on the way home. Was a good day. Oh and they also provided lunch.

Back