Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wfp On A Tight Budget Using A Pressure Sprayer

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have to add this is really only viable for the odd window here and there, it couldn't be used to do loads of windows because of the fact it has to be pumped for every window but it works and it's another option for a tradder or in case of equipment failure maybe.

Oh and it would spray virosol at least to 4th floor windows as well because of the increased flow.
Could come in hand for windows that are above conservatorys / garages that come out of the building. Could also use it for conservatory roofs maybe. I was thikning about making on, I would be easyer as I already have a water fed pole, you know the car washing ones the only problem is, its not long enough

Try with a cheap one mate just don't forget you won't get the flow at the brush without ripping out all the original thin tubing and replacing with wider diameter (including the one inside the vessel). I have tested all that and theres almost no flow at brush with the thin tubing.

Ya can go straight to a higher psi one though, solo on ebay for about 38 squid.

Well this has have me the idea for when I'm cleaning fascias..

I have a pump spray, that I have to climb up the ladders to spray the fascia with virosol..

So I'm just going to replace the pumps hose with a 20ft hose and attach to the Harris pole.. Hopefully it will spray the fascias from the ground!!

Did I miss something, how do you make the pure water?

And I love it btw, looks great.
I use rainwater remember Graham, I've just been using the coke bottle resin vessel but have to built a proper one as resins almost dead in it.
I posted a thread about the coke bottle vessel a while ago.

Ohhhh yeah I remember now! /emoticons/smile.png

Nice little set up you have there then. /emoticons/smile.png

Well this has have me the idea for when I'm cleaning fascias..

I have a pump spray, that I have to climb up the ladders to spray the fascia with virosol..

So I'm just going to replace the pumps hose with a 20ft hose and attach to the Harris pole.. Hopefully it will spray the fascias from the ground!!
We had a large cleaning job of stone/cast window sills, old folks home that was 3 stories and many many buildings. We set up a 10 or 15 gallon chemical sprayer and pump with battery (type that they put on the back of an atv). 30 foot Unger pole, detached the sprayer tip from the trigger and ran a long hose between tip and trigger and clamped them down. Put the tank and battery on a garden cart and sprayed our bleach mix on the sills. Did a pretty good job.

We had a large cleaning job of stone/cast window sills, old folks home that was 3 stories and many many buildings. We set up a 10 or 15 gallon chemical sprayer and pump with battery (type that they put on the back of an atv). 30 foot Unger pole, detached the sprayer tip from the trigger and ran a long hose between tip and trigger and clamped them down. Put the tank and battery on a garden cart and sprayed our bleach mix on the sills. Did a pretty good job.
Yep same principal and definitely the way to go on a huge job like that, might have taken a bit longer with a pressure sprayer lol.

Quick update on this, I took it out today as 2 windows on a residential home I did yesterday were harder to reach than I thought when I quoted it so thought I'd give it a proper test. Using the brush in the picture which admitted isn't ideal I did the residential home and next job I had to carry ladder through house believe it or not so thought bugger that and out came sprayer and pole. Both were first filthy cleans and the sprayer did a good job, plenty of water at the glass with more than enough pressure to do a whole large window and rinsed it well.

As I said before not meant for regular use (but only because of pumping) but for the odd windows here and there this crappy £7.00 sprayer, Harris pole, cheap brush and rainwater deionised through 1 litre of resin in a coke bottle does a mint job and is a seriously cheap yet effective alternative.

Dodger- I was out working the other day and seen a guy spraying weeds with approx 20lt backpack.. But he had a handle thing at his side were he just pumped 3 or 4 times, Looked good...

Oregon round up

^^ is what the pack was called

Yeah thats basically what the Chapin/Solo 90psi ones I've been looking at are mate theres loads of brands but some aren't sturdy enough. Chapin do one called roundup as well funny enough

251217_lg.jpg

Hmmm well I could crush a grape, I'm so surprised at how well this thing is working I'm not going to modify it for virosol spraying (I'll get a smaller one for that), I'm just going to keep it for a spare. I'm still going to get the 90psi one and use minibore hose through the pole for my main pump but crikey I knew it would work but never imagined how well.

I did another seriously grimy and grey first clean this morning and could have done it trad but thought I'd drag out the monster again, I squirted a bit of ecover on the brush to help with the grime on the frames and all the windows came up a treat. Still having no problems with it holding pressure and considering I'm still learning, they're dirty first cleans I'm doing so using a fair bit of water (but only 8-10L for whole upstairs on 3 bed semi) I only pumped it up 4 times so not too much like hard work.

Repeat cleans this should do the whole house easily on 2 pump ups and a full tank.

I know I'm almost as surprised as you are lol.

Back