Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What add ons do you do.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ian Docksey

Hi all. As per title.  

I've been going just over 1 year now, I've grown my regular cleans ,slowly slowly catchee monkey , just around 120 now, 1 school and just got in with a small property management company. I also offer the normal as I see it, GFS, Conny roof cleans. I purchased a Gutter vac, so offer that also. Just recently I've been asked a few times about Jet washing, drives, patios ! I've turned them down myself ,but passed them on. Am just wondering if many of you offer the whole hog, window's, gutters (clear and clean) jet washing.  Is it worth covering all aspects ,or stick to what I feel I do best. I've probably answered the question in my last statement, but tbh I don't like turning any work away. 

Hi all. As per title.  

I've been going just over 1 year now, I've grown my regular cleans ,slowly slowly catchee monkey , just around 120 now, 1 school and just got in with a small property management company. I also offer the normal as I see it, GFS, Conny roof cleans. I purchased a Gutter vac, so offer that also. Just recently I've been asked a few times about Jet washing, drives, patios ! I've turned them down myself ,but passed them on. Am just wondering if many of you offer the whole hog, window's, gutters (clear and clean) jet washing.  Is it worth covering all aspects ,or stick to what I feel I do best. I've probably answered the question in my last statement, but tbh I don't like turning any work away. 
We offer a total external cleaning service , our least popular service is pressure washing some years we don’t do any at all . Other years we do a lot , over the last 5 years it’s softwashing that has really taken off big time along with gutter vaccing we now are doing that every month of the year and have a lot of repeat work that is booked in for every year . Depending how busy you are with windows it’s well worth doing but not unless you can get sufficient work to justify the outlay 

We offer a total external cleaning service , our least popular service is pressure washing some years we don’t do any at all . Other years we do a lot , over the last 5 years it’s softwashing that has really taken off big time along with gutter vaccing we now are doing that every month of the year and have a lot of repeat work that is booked in for every year . Depending how busy you are with windows it’s well worth doing but not unless you can get sufficient work to justify the outlay 
My window cleaning ,is how I like it, 20 jobs a week, over 3 days a week. So I have 2 days a week for add ons. Maybe worth a small investment, which could pay for its self in a year or 2. Thanks for the reply, food for thought.

I like the variety, maintenance windows every day would be boring.

I do on average roughly;

1-2 gutter clearances a week       
2-3 Fascia & Soffit cleans a month         
2 conservatory roofs a month       
6 roof moss removal & biocides a year(would like a couple more)         
2 soft wash render cleans a year (going to push for alot more this year)      
And maybe 10 solar panel jobs a year?  

Render cleaning & gutter clearing probably are my best hourly earners. Last couple of roof moss cleans have been a lot better than the first few I did.
I don’t like pressure washing so l don’t offer it.

Hi all. As per title.  

I offer many services as there is always a chance to improve income.

Windows 

Gutters 

Pressure washing 

Office cleaning 

Hot tub cleaning 

Flood clean up 

End of tenancy cleans 

No day is the same 

I really like variety and get bored doing the same window's and the part I enjoy the most is the finding work and running the business, so only have enough regular customers to cover bills and make some profit then the rest of the time I offer my add-ons.

My add-ons (In order of preference) are:

Gutter Repair

Gutter Clearing

Gutter Fascia Soffit Fittting

Roof Cleaning

Gutter Fascia Soffit Cleaning

Conservatory Roofs

Thinking about removing Window Cleaning from my business name and changing to exterior cleaning so as to move away from windows!

Mainly windows. 
I like to do 3 or 4 days a month of add ons. 
gutter cleaning, facias and soffits and conservatory roofs. Oh and the odd solar panel job too. 

I really like variety and get bored doing the same window's and the part I enjoy the most is the finding work and running the business, so only have enough regular customers to cover bills and make some profit then the rest of the time I offer my add-ons.

My add-ons (In order of preference) are:

Gutter Repair

Gutter Clearing

Gutter Fascia Soffit Fittting

Roof Cleaning

Gutter Fascia Soffit Cleaning

Conservatory Roofs

Thinking about removing Window Cleaning from my business name and changing to exterior cleaning so as to move away from windows!
You'll also need to update all the directories you're listed on and ensure your new business info is consistent across the web. In particular you should concentrate on the top directories like your Google Business Profile (which is the new name for GMB), Bing, Yell, Yelp, Scoot, Cylex etc etc. Ideally you want it sorted everywhere, including the directories you've never heard of and never listed with. There will plenty of them that have scraped your data from elsewhere and set up a directory to sell advertising and backlinks.

But if you can't do them all do the important ones and data aggregators who collate and sell business data.

I do windows, fascia’s, conny roofs etc but make quite a bit from soft washing whole houses

i have a mate who does roofs for me with a good drink added for me and I do all exterior softwashing other than roofs myself

will soon be doing the roofs myself also

getting to the point I won’t be doing the windows myself as I have an employee and will be doing just the add ons myself

its very lucrative this softwashing lark

Last edited by a moderator:
I do windows, fascia’s, conny roofs etc but make quite a bit from soft washing whole houses

i have a mate who does roofs for me with a good drink added for me and I do all exterior softwashing other than roofs myself

will soon be doing the roofs myself also

getting to the point I won’t be doing the windows myself as I have an employee and will be doing just the add ons myself

its very lucrative this softwashing lark
It's just knowing where to start with it... I have no clue ?

It's just knowing where to start with it... I have no clue ?
Essentially, soft washing is just the application of particular cleaning chemicals / products at low pressure to avoid the risks of high pressure water on some surfaces - render, roof tiles etc. The methods you use for it are up to you. The secret to it is understanding what it can do, what it can't and what chemicals / biocides to use and when.
It's crucial to do your own research and get your head round it but it's not rocket science. And of course you'll need to understand using them safely to protect you, the public and their property.
I'd recommend Benz website as a good starting point and HSE for COSHH, risk assessments and commercial use of pesticides (which biocides are now classed as). And do as much research of other sources as you feel necessary for the best ways of doing things. Personally I see it as an ongoing process and am always interested in expanding my knowledge because you can never know too much and there's always more to learn from people with more experience.
If you can discuss it authoritatively with customers they're far more inclined to give you the job.

Latest Posts

Back