Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do the trad lads find to be the best squeegee rubber for them?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

this makes me think that the main difference between good rubber and bad is all down to how sharp the cut is . this could be the reason that theres a bad batch of rubber now n then. rubber was cut with a duff blade,
on a friday afternoon praps
That makes a lot of sense, good thinking

Hi all, just a comment on turning over the rubber.I've tried turning it over when it's done on one side, but it's always very Nicky on the reverse, even worse than the original side I've been using, is it the rubber, or could it be the channel.

Ps. Have dropped channel maybe 10 times over the 8 years I've used it. It's an unger ergo grip green handle stainless steel.

If get new channel, which would you recommend?

P.p.s. Has anyone reviewed the unger ninja? Maybe fancy trying it myself?
There must be something wrong with your channel if the rubber becomes ruined like you describe. It could be grit and dirt in there? I clean mine at least once a week and evrytime i change a rubber, or you have it all uneven with jagged parts? And when u flecks the rubber on the window its cutting into the rubber?

Channels are cheap! Worth getting a new one just to get double from your rubber, u should probably get what you are used to using? But if u want something new then daveyboy is right, wait a few weeks for the new loerman squeegee which will be better than anything else available to buy with regards to minimal detailing

Ninja unger are good but bigger and cost more, ive only had a small go with one, they are stabiler than reular squeegees and they are copies of sorbo really.

ive had a play with the rubbers to day and me ninja the ninja is heaver than my unger squeege but it fiels like it wont worp when it gets droped i realy like it monday will b the acid test tho, now the rubbers ive got a few different types to compair side buy side unger soft, ettore soft,mormon soft,razerblade, the razerblade is the hardest then the unger second hardest then the ettore 3rd hardest an then the mormon the softest of the bunch time will tell but i think ill pefer the mormon to b honist as its the softest i mch pefer the the soft action on the glass, the razerblade is ok but to hard in heat of summer its beta but not for me but it does last longer

I've been using sir blades for 10 years now and never had a problem , my grandad first put me on to this brand he used it for 20+ With no problems
I bought some of their stuff about 10 years ago, but I didn't know they were still going. Didn't think much of their squeegees.

I bought some of their stuff about 10 years ago, but I didn't know they were still going. Didn't think much of their squeegees.
syr tiger sleeve is an unsung hero- it works like scrim once broke in .whatever its made of is diffrent from any other

i hope syr keep in business for that reason alone

Used many different rubbers over the years.Used pulex soft and hard depending on time of year being hot or cold, for years. Fancied a change so after a bit of trial & error switched to unger squeegees and soft rubber and then dog eared them after seeing it done on youtube which cut down on a lot of detailing. But ive always had a heavy hand so went through more rubber compared to others I knew which was a pain.Then about 4 months ago someone gave me some face lift razor red to try and I loved it. I Use less rubber than before so Im saving a few quid without losing any quality of work I do. Also use a wagtail flipper for bank I clean weekly and use wagtail rubber.

How do you dogear your channels

Wagga style or polzn bladz style??

Or your own

I do it similarly to polz but my own tweaks and can't stand facelift rubber

Takes ages to bed it in then wears out very quick

i started out cleaning with a sir squeegee and yes they are carp but the rubber in my opinion is the best you can get

I am just curious to find what squeegee rubber people find best for them. I know a lot of people of have certain preferences so just curious to see if a certain one is more popular. Thanks

In all the years i've done traditional, i've always went back to ettore rubbers after trying out others

I have some moerman soft here and it's the best i have used so far

Not biased either i just tell it as i see it

Been using it 2 days now

Well i have used unger soft for a very long time but got a bit of moerman to try and it is even softer and better than ettore

Will have to see how long it lasts in daily use before i pass judgement

I done a post earlier on here about the wtf pole system but cant seem to see it, i'm fairly new so dont really know how this works properly yet

Unger soft is good too i used it for a while, might need to look up that other stuff
Cleaning spot is the only place to get it from

Soon it will be in more places hopefully but for now try them

.and it's cheap

Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 10"/25cm

Ref: 17782

£0.73 (1 +)£0.88 inc VAT

£0.65 (10 +)£0.78 inc VAT

Quantity: Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 12"/30cm

Ref: 17783

£0.79 (1 +)£0.95 inc VAT

£0.71 (10 +)£0.85 inc VAT

Quantity: Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 14"/35cm

Ref: 17784

£0.84 (1 +)£1.01 inc VAT

£0.76 (10 +)£0.91 inc VAT

Quantity: Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 18"/45cm

Ref: 17785

£1.02 (1 +)£1.22 inc VAT

£0.92 (10 +)£1.10 inc VAT

Quantity: Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 22"/55cm

Ref: 17786

£1.13 (1 +)£1.36 inc VAT

£1.02 (10 +)£1.22 inc VAT

Quantity: Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 36"/92cm

Ref: 17787

£1.97 (1 +)£2.36 inc VAT

£1.75 (10 +)£2.10 inc VAT

Quantity: Moerman Dura-Flex Soft Rubber 42"/105cm

Ref: 177894

£2.15 (1 +)£2.58 inc VAT

£1.79 (10 +)£2.15 inc VAT

- See more at: http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/Soft_rubber.html#sthash.IXeenxUe.dpuf

Good prices too, about the same as unger if i remember correctly, that's the only thing about ettore, you can pay upto £2 for a 14" blade which i use 99% of the time

How do you dogear your channelsWagga style or polzn bladz style??

Or your own

I do it similarly to polz but my own tweaks and can't stand facelift rubber

Takes ages to bed it in then wears out very quick
Neither. I've curled the corners in and it has improved my window cleaning but still have to detail but not as much before. Have seen other ways to dogear on this site and am thinking of trying the polz way just can't seem to bite the bullet and try cutting my channels.

Latest Posts

Back