Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First Clean Worrying

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Belfastcleaning

Was away doing a first clean on a 2nd floor apparyment. Windows hadn't been cleaned in about a year. There was only 7 windows ( 2 panes, 1 above the other ) and charged £15. I spent a bit extra time rinsing and had my new fan jets on ( well pleased with them ) customers were not in so Iv to call back tonight, but when leaving I was still paranoid that what if they don't dry properly lol.. And then when Iv to go back I couldn't be arzed listening to them if it wasn't a good job.. Anyone else think this after doing a job? I'm confident enough now with my regular pole work.. But always on first cleans.. Never had a complaint tho..

I was the same when i had mine and was worrying but as long as you turn your flow up and rinse rinse rinse you will be fine

I have had no complaints either.

Even if you do get a complaint just say no probs il come and clean them again .

stop keep telling people about are little secret about gardiners fan jets being great for first cleans

Well, just home, went to see that apparyment,3 or 4 had big white runs marks, really looked terrible. Told them I'll be back to do them again tomorrow, will be doing them ladder..

I scrubbed frames, rinsed frames, scrubbed glass, rinsed everything, scrubbed glass, rinsed glass, rinsed glass, next window.... When I'd done them all, I rinsed them all again..

Unless its a 3 storey I might just do all first cleans by ladder from now on.. But then they will expect trad everytime..

I have my biggest commercial contract job next week and I will fuggin crack up if this happens..!!

Why does this keep happening?

I need some new jets for my ionics pole as one of mine snapped so I may get the gardiners fan jets .

I reckon you would lose less water with fan jets wouldn't you ?

could not tell yet as i have only used them on a big first clean so not sure how much water i should have used

Do em wfp again, but just the glass, do 3 or 4 of the top panes, then go back to the first and re rinse, but about an inch from the top frame ( don't hit the top frame with water in other words) give the in between frame a quick wash and do the bottom halves the same, repeat the inch below theory, and do the same with the others. Not completely infallible but can very often solve thos probs till the frames stop running like that, which may or may not happen!

Id like to do this wfp if its going to be regular, the whole block is stinking so going to knock the rest. But i dont want to go back and there be more spots or something lol. There was some it was just on the top panes, other just the bottom pane, it's a pane in the bottom! It's the not knowing its going to be perfect until its fully dry is what really annoys me and hate making myself look like a plonker when I could have just done them trad!

Getting the ladders out would be like evolving backwards, not a good idea. :unsure: For windows that dirty you need to get some detergent up there, weather you apply it to the brush directly and apply without water flowing, or adapt a pump up garden sprayer to fit your pole. Traffic film remover is good but if it dries on the glass you can be in trouble, GG3 or 4 is good in that it won't leave marks on the glass even if it dries. Either way you need to clean each window and frame fully then when you have reached the end go back to the start but do only the glass.

Bear in mind too that, if they were absolutely abismyl before you started, getting something like 70 % off will likely leave the custy elated, as long as you don't have the long dirty lines, so if you get 90% off you should be laughing!

How big is the commercial job you've got? We did a first clean yesterday on 100 flats. Previous co had been tosssing it off. Was a nightmare. Finished it @ 8:30pm. Was basically doing last 3 windows in the dark. In total 13 man hrs. Last lads did it in 3!! Guess that's why they lost it!!!!!

Back