Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What was your 1st Pole

WCF

Help Support WCF:

johnny bravo

Mine was alluminium Brodex  when starting out into WFP cleaning .   All i could afford  2nd Hand.    What a big difference for the new guys now starting out.

Gutter Vacs    also,  Heavy alluminium poles   remember getting advice from Smurf.     He was a big help them days 

Alsp Pressure washing  setup  

Time now catching up to ease off workload .      Need to get down from 5  to 3 day week.    Try to keep as young as i was .    Cant stop getting new customers.     Must be the Buzz  

Mine was alluminium Brodex  when starting out into WFP cleaning .   All i could afford  2nd Hand.    What a big difference for the new guys now starting out.

Gutter Vacs    also,  Heavy alluminium poles   remember getting advice from Smurf.     He was a big help them days 

Alsp Pressure washing  setup  

Time now catching up to ease off workload .      Need to get down from 5  to 3 day week.    Try to keep as young as i was .    Cant stop getting new customers.     Must be the Buzz  
GRP unger 

Ecoline 22ft, if my memory serves me right (seven years have gone by) or might have been 18ft which I eventually found out was not the length of the pole but the length of the reach. Dreadful thing bendy, heavy and lasted no length of time even though I'm not hard on equipment.

Once I got my hands on my first Gardiner SLX 22 that was it, I was able to eat the work.

Son and I did 32 houses today, in five hours. Our numbers record to date in that time. And the most earned in that amount of time. He using SLX 22, me using extreme 22 with swivel. Feeling my full 65 years now though sat in bed with a cup of tea.

SLX 22 which was a great pole and still have it. The small size means its good for tight spaces. Moved on to Xtreme poles now because they are lighter and easy to work with. Have 5 poles now and many brushes so good for years to come.

I had a fibreglass/ plastic bendy 22ft poll with a heavy but good scrubbing viakan brush . I must have had a real strong core back then holding it while it flexed and bounced. It got me started in WFP and made me the money I needed to look after the family’s immediate needs and then invest in my second poll slx 18 now with a swivel that I’ve had for probably 4/5 years and still my daily poll. Glad the industry standard equipment  is so good now!

Fibreglass, 18', 27' and a 47' I still get cold sweats when I recall trying to get the 47' fully extended, let alone use it.
ours were streamline fibreglass poles, to this day I dont know how our arms managed the drop and swerve in them used to be a nightmare lol

the bigger ones used ot always feel like they would collapse under the weight of a brush head,

then

hybrid

full carbon 18s

xline carbon hybrid 25

xline full carbon 25

now onto

ovo8s which i rate highly

I had a fibreglass/ plastic bendy 22ft poll with a heavy but good scrubbing viakan brush . I must have had a real strong core back then holding it while it flexed and bounced. It got me started in WFP and made me the money I needed to look after the family’s immediate needs and then invest in my second poll slx 18 now with a swivel that I’ve had for probably 4/5 years and still my daily poll. Glad the industry standard equipment  is so good now!
haha IVe just been and had a gander in our stores and found an old vikan brush head, how them fibreglass poles used to cope.

you newbies dont know how good you have it

Ours were as well, bright orange. Both my son and I got a hernia using the 47' one ?
thats it bright orange bottom section and then a greyish colour other ones

we had a red one at one point I think that was a brodex one, and im pretty sure we had 1 aluminium one aswell.

had a few snaps with the fibreglass before, luckily only had a few issues with carbon poles before

I Can’t imagine using an old 47’ poll, it would terrify me ? 
it was when the wind caught it and you just used to hope sometimes the window frame would hold the pole once they went they went haha no rigidity

the money we spend on poles is unreal.      But they are essential.  Starting off with a bucket and ladders .      weekly expenditurw was around a Pound £1      Washing up liquid.   

how things change

Bayersan off eBay wasn’t a bad pole in retrospect , it was carbon fibre

clamps We’re pretty awful though, I ended up glueing them and drilling massive screws to hold them shut before I had a clue what I was doing 

Back