Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Whats the thing that annoys you most about being a Window Cleaner?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The “can you just” customers annoy me as well!
I heartily recommend my stock reply 'Sure, i could do (insert job) that for you no worries, shall we say another £x ?'

I honestly have only ever had one or two say with a twinge of embarrassment..er..er 'actually it's okay I'll get round to it' etc 

99/100 say 'yes sure ok'...and you've just schooled them if they ask for another job you'll happily do it for them but WILL expect to be paid - win/win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put on my headphones
Steve, come into the sunny uplands of bluetooth - i must have spent literally hundrreds over the years on pocket fm/dabs and goodness know how many replacement/lost/snagged/snapped/dropped/bust headphones ?

The sound quality from buds are amazing, with ambient noise cancelling you won't need the vol wacked up and you don't need to subject your custys to dodgy scar tracks...some pods/buds are waterproof ? you won't go back

Pure Window cleaning for me makes the most money,
Tedium/cash trade off...simply price the addon job to the pricepoint that you WOULD do it 100/200/300/400etc- if you don't like doing a conny cleans just decline (refer a friend/take a cut) or high ball it so that even you would want to do - Sanderson (?) (national chain) used to charge £700-800+ for internal conny and custy's used to pay them (obvs depends where you are - but know you're in an affluent area)

Drat...seeing that glass half full again...sorry...going back on the naughty step to think about what I've done.

Steve, come into the sunny uplands of bluetooth - i must have spent literally hundrreds over the years on pocket fm/dabs and goodness know how many replacement/lost/snagged/snapped/dropped/bust headphones ?

The sound quality from buds are amazing, with ambient noise cancelling you won't need the vol wacked up and you don't need to subject your custys to dodgy scar tracks...some pods/buds are waterproof ? you won't go back
My iPod classic is so old it doesn’t have Bluetooth ?

I’ve been thinking and there’s not actually much that annoys me too much really. I don’t clean anything or for anyone That I don’t want to anymore. I guess the odd locked gate when they’ve forgotten to unlock it, that can be annoying.
I used to climb over but don’t now, partly out of principle and partly out of I can’t be bothered and it doesn’t look professional.
I had it a couple of days ago, thankfully it’s uncommon these days, maybe once a month? But it was a big-ish job. Not much on the front or side either so not worth doing a ‘front only’ that time. So I’ll have to re arrange for next week or something. But overall this is a fantastic job ?

Oh and working in areas with no phone service or internet. I often spend a good 50% of the day either talking on the phone to mates, listening to talkSPORT or a couple of different podcasts or music. 

When you clean the windows and they pull them but are horrific inside .
Happened today so i got her to open window and i cleaned a perfect circle in the grease for her ?

So I'm coming into 7 months of starting this up and wow. 180 monthly customers always 2 or more conservatory roofs a month, just ordered a sky vac for gutter cleaning, I genuinly can not believe how much it has took off!

But the more my days become busier the more something really gets on my T**TS!.....SNAGGING! No matter how carefully I drag my hose round a property it always gets caught on a rock, a brick, a step, a wheelie bin, a kids toy, a garden gate, a car wheel, my own foot.....

It's doing my head in, so any advice or tricks would be handy ?.

It got me wondering if there is anything else people get frustrated with on a daily basis? ?
Human interaction? just wanna be let alone doing my thing, best customers are the ones staying inside.

At the moment it's listening to an old dear going on about how she has a high energy bill and it's gone up to £130 per month like it affects her but I'm alright as I'm working and all these price rises don't apply to me. If I have to listen to any more of it I think my head is going to explode.

They're alright, they get help with the energy via extra payments, they're also in a triple lock pension so no matter what happens they'll have more money, they also don't have to worry about rent rises and mortgage rises because they own their homes, they also are not affected by fuel price rises in the same way as they don't even do 500 miles per year. They then go off on 2 holidays per year to rub salt in the wounds and have work done on their houses amounting to £1,000's, all whilst claiming they're poor and on a pension. Makes my blood boil, lol.

At the moment it's listening to an old dear going on about how she has a high energy bill and it's gone up to £130 per month like it affects her but I'm alright as I'm working and all these price rises don't apply to me. If I have to listen to any more of it I think my head is going to explode.

They're alright, they get help with the energy via extra payments, they're also in a triple lock pension so no matter what happens they'll have more money, they also don't have to worry about rent rises and mortgage rises because they own their homes, they also are not affected by fuel price rises in the same way as they don't even do 500 miles per year. They then go off on 2 holidays per year to rub salt in the wounds and have work done on their houses amounting to £1,000's, all whilst claiming they're poor and on a pension. Makes my blood boil, lol.
Just to add, it's only a minority of them, I've got lots who absolutely get it and are absolutely fine with price rises and don't make any complaints about hardship. It's the ones who claim hardship and lay it on thick when you know they're lying through their false teeth ?

Latest Posts

Back