Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

When Canvassing What's The Best Offer To Attract Customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

instrength

Looks like we are all going out or about to go out and canvass talking to prospective new clients, what works for you?

• What's the best patter you use?
  • First clean free?
  • Free gutter cleaning if you sign up to so many cleans per year?

Personally I ask a existing customer if anyone local might need me, if they say yes I go round to the neighbour and say XXXX thought you might need a window cleaner etc would you like a free quote?

10% off first clean but i just add the 10% on the quote. i find if a house is say a 10 quid house i go in with 15 and they say ohhh thats more than i thought it would be, then i say ok as its you ill do 10% off or ill take it down to 12 but dont tell anyone. i used this a bit but only on ppl who call me. i never got any work from knocking doors :wacko:

10% off first clean but i just add the 10% on the quote. i find if a house is say a 10 quid house i go in with 15 and they say ohhh thats more than i thought it would be, then i say ok as its you ill do 10% off or ill take it down to 12 but dont tell anyone. i used this a bit but only on ppl who call me. i never got any work from knocking doors :wacko:
Until you get there next door neighbours lol

and get a NOPE! or a door shut in ya face. or the best one i get is allready got one sorry and there windows aint been done for 200 years lol

I found " hi do you need a cleaner for your windows"

And exaggerate cleaner a bit, that way it dins down the word windows, otherwise they don't listen proper n think your selling glazing.

Or "hi, need a glass cleaner"

i undercut all the time dog eat dog take what ya can get this unwritten undercutting rule is nonsense
Customers who want u to undercut are the bad customers..... What if sum1 undercuts u ? They will go with them , i know most of my customers wudnt go with another cleaner even if he was cheaper which is gud this is the type of customers u want mate not customers who want it 50p cheaper

theres a saying i tell my customers. you pay for what you get. buy a cheapo pair of shoes they wont last long, get a decent paid they will last you months if not years. same with window cleaning, pay peanuts get monkies :lol: /emoticons/tongue.png

I go round to the neighbour and say XXXX thought you might need a window cleaner

"OH she does does she.....well you tell her that last time she washed her nets, the bloody miners were on strike.....the cheeky cow,"

I go round to the neighbour and say XXXX thought you might need a window cleaner
"OH she does does she.....well you tell her that last time she washed her nets, the bloody miners were on strike.....the cheeky cow,"
Nearly split my sides, reminds of a customer that called me back because the windows didnt look clean, I offered to buy her nets, proper had their day.

then wait for your tyres to get slashed and to have no mates :lol: :lol:
Do you live in the bronx or soemthing? That **** doesnt happen about here. Nearly every window cleaners up to something dodgy up here. No one wants to draw attention to them self here.

Back