Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which van to buy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Second hand vans are ridiculously priced since covid. I’d never have bought brand new but managed to pick up a great deal on a new transit custom 340 back in 2020 as they couldn’t get rid of em during the first stage of covid and by the time they could trade again the new 71 plates where ready to sell so no one wanted the 20 plates. Think I paid 17,000 plus vat which is roughly what they were asking for second hand of the same spec. Maybe see what deals they are offering on brand new atm as you just never know.

The newer shape Dispatch is a really smart looking van mate but not sure they’re the best in terms of rust? Certainly my Berlingo hasn’t been great in that sense but my van wasn’t properly sealed prior to the system going in so that definitely hasn’t helped.
Had a dispatch new from 2020, no issues with rust, never had anything done to it beyond a servicing. Was anti Citroen at the start thinking it would fall apart in 10 minutes but can confirm they’re almost German good.

Payload is what you need to look for if you’re looking to put in a big tank. The 2 litre engines that are based on the EMP 2 platform are good for 1400kg, so 2 people, 650L tank and room for more weight. I couldn’t find anything remotely close to that for the size and £.

Depending on model year it’s platform shared across Dispatch, Peugeot Expert, Vauxhall Vivaro, Toyota proace, Fiat scudo, some are only recent though but there’s a difference in £ between the badges despite being the same van

With respect I don't know you from Adam also I ain't telling the world what I paid for my van.

What I paid and what you might pay will be different there were cheaper vans over 100 miles away from me I wasn't prepared to drive that far so opted to buy from a local dealership 3 miles from my house.

Latest Posts

Back