Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Who's knackered from the heat

WCF

Help Support WCF:

best to wear a hat/cap or you risk sunstroke . i wear a cap/hat year round and insist my workers do too. no hat-no work

Today is the hottest july day on record and hottest actual day in 9 years..36.6° the highest

Where i am it is still 32 now but was 35.5 earlier

best to wear a hat/cap or you risk sunstroke . i wear a cap/hat year round and insist my workers do too. no hat-no work
How do you get sunstroke in the winter boar??/emoticons/tongue.png

Driving round london today i have a few images stored in the bank now if you het my drift lol

How do you get sunstroke in the winter boar??/emoticons/tongue.png
thats a good point!

my workers were originally reluctant to wear a hat at anytime so i had to do something to eliminate risk of forgetting to wear one on sunny days so decided it was "year round wearing of hats or theres no job for you" [beanies in winter] .

i once got sunstroke in my 2nd yr when i didnt have a hat,felt terrible

made 33 on my car....hopefully cooler tomorrow..

feel worse now than earlier...

but ate too much on barby..:rolleyes:

kept running my hat under tap soaking wet...

getting better now.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Lol you've seen the hard work I did mon and tues with that roof, then on the windows today - proper hard work /emoticons/wink.png

Feeing it now in the legs!

The best part about this heat is wifey sleeps without pjs on:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: (pash killers )
I was on the p1ss with 3 mates for a weekend in Glasgow a few years back. It was a pre-season tour and my team were playing Partick Thistle (nice pies in the ground) so it must have been the height of summer. On the night we went on the crawl and all the sweaties in this one bar were moaning about how hot it was and that they didn't like this frakin English weather. In fact all they did was moan about England. We kind of looked at each other, supped our drinks and sloped off out of there /emoticons/biggrin.png

It's got up to over 44 in our greenhouse this week and that was with the doors open :confused:

thats a good point!
my workers were originally reluctant to wear a hat at anytime so i had to do something to eliminate risk of forgetting to wear one on sunny days so decided it was "year round wearing of hats or theres no job for you" [beanies in winter] .

i once got sunstroke in my 2nd yr when i didnt have a hat,felt terrible
I have done it twice

Once in the south if france and also had blisters like golf balls on my back

2nd time on mill Hill barracks while on leave having a birthday beer for my mate..3 of us managed to fall asleep for nearly 3 hours on the grass outside his house in the june sun

Got ribbed for that big time

its such a real risk,particularly with ladderwork, close up to the glass . i dont mind what my workers wear to work long as a hat is on the head , we sometimes joke about the bowler hat / ten gallon hat and Abraham lincoln suit outfit and would anyone notice [probably not] -

I also burnt the back of my legs really bad. I went to Spain with a mate when I was 18. I bought a lilo and went out to sea on it. I lay front down all the time I was at sea. I didn't realise I was burning due to the sea breeze. I was hotel bound for 2 days after as any sun that got on my legs freekin killed me /emoticons/sad.png

I'm a lucky so & so. Have never got burnt & never have to wear cream. Just go brown & that's it. My dad was the same.

Forget the hats.

HEADBANDS the thing lol

It was hard sweaty work today. I did 8.15 till 5.30 and must have lost 2 stone via my gonads alone.....my pits and sweaty crack must have released a further 3 stone!. Got home, had a shower then started supping cold Leffe in the garden. Felt ****** after 3 pints....must be the dehydration. Will have to have a strong nightcap as its going go be a hot sweaty night.

Latest Posts

Back