Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaners Everywhere

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Yup 12 times a year, some window cleaners swear by the 4 weekly as that gives the extra clean making 13 in a year but I find that then commits every single week day every month, I like to break out thee fishing pole and escape a little here and there whilst the 4 weekly boys are still scrubbing /emoticons/smile.png)

Of course they will earn 1 clean more per year but I make more than enough anyhow so hey ho. /emoticons/smile.png

Yup I do monthly or bi-monthly too, although my round is a far cry from greens! Figured you get 4 weeks spare a year which is the equivalent of holiday, minus the holiday pay of course /emoticons/wink.png How do you get any time off on a 4/8 weeks cycle, I'd be zonked! :zzz:

Haha, cheers, but not as useful as a huwarge round /emoticons/biggrin.png As my bro says, I've all the gear and no idea :laugh:

Haha, cheers, but not as useful as a huwarge round /emoticons/biggrin.png As my bro says, I've all the gear and no idea :laugh:
And which McDonalds does your brother work at? Just kidding /emoticons/tongue.png

But seriously the wagon is swish, I would of course have a bigger tank in it but that will come.

I have just bought some ply for shelving out my wagon and some Protecta Kote as well as ordered a water heater from Germany so I can go hot before the winter arrives so will be moving my van into 'Phase 2' next week so here's praying it all goes smooth!

AS IF IT WILL !!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

No burger flipping but he does let pregnant women pee in his hat /emoticons/wink.png

Once I get my 22's on it next year then it will be pimped :rofl: Should have my 400ltr to fit in next week, can't wait, but my 150ltr is seeing me through ok for now, just restricting me going for bigger commercial jobs as I would have to refill half way through.

Grab yourself some bathroom-type paintable sealant to fill any gaps between shelves and lining, protectakote goes straight over it fine and doesn't flake, even if normal paint doesn't quite stick. It says you have 6(ish?) hrs to use the protectakote before it dries up, but I resealed the tin and used it the next day or two for extra coats no problem. Allow plenty of time to make your shelving, I ridiculously under-estimated how long it would take! And being hunched over in the back of a van all day isn't fun. Even though I do carpentry next time I would consider paying someone else to do it! (to my design) /emoticons/biggrin.png

Can't wait to see the pictures of your finished van soon! /emoticons/biggrin.png

Fine then I'll have to have 22's, spinners and little skulls on the tyre air valve caps :rofl:

Used to have 1 of them on my rs turbo windscreen lol

Less of the essex Green..wrong side of london..middlesex is nearest

Thats what im thinking, so get used to those that dont mind an early clean.
What happened today was i text a customer yesterday to say im due and he said hes on hols and can he pay next week, i had things to do this after noon so i thought, hey i can start early and do that house early as nobodys there anyway, didnt expect i would like it so much, feels good getting started early dont it.
It's just always been how I was trained, my old work mates all started at half 7, it's was great is it meant you were home by 2-3pm /emoticons/smile.png

When I stated my own round, I decided to start at 8am - just so I could get a little bit more sleep :zzz::thumbsup:

I like the fact i can roll out of bed at 8..have a cuppa and some brekkie..get to first job around 9 and still earn a good days wage..

yesterday it rained all afternoon here and same predicted today, so by starting early u can get the round done without having to do any in the rain. I think 8:30 is early enough for me though.

Sometimes its the other way around Green eh? Say it rains all morning but the forecast says by 1/2 it will stop and then clear for the rest of the day, do u go out at 2pm and work until 6 to stay ontop of things. Ive done this a few times and once u do it you feel good especially the next day. I work this way so i dont have to do it in the rain.

I also refuse to work in rain it's much easier to be flexible, I'll do Sunday mornings if ness I clear it with the customers first but none never mind, I have my time off when it rains works for me, so the answer is get out early and put the hours in when you can? Some cleaners finish at 2 but work in rain because they say it's only way to get the work in.

and back to the original post....

I have had a sudden influx of wfp stuff for sale in my ebay email service...

dont forget its peak time for new windies at the mo...

just wait til jack frost makes his appearance.

:eek: that will sort the wimps from the windies..

loads of windies around me and whats more they travel miles and charge cheap but...

ya just gotta keep going...

ya get there in the end.

not so fussed as I get loads of extra work anyway...

quick wheres ma paint brush:D

That's right old cheap, the winter will sort em out!

I think it's best not to worry about it, the ones who do well are the English hard working honest types, we don't need to worry about the foreigners, they come and go...

Back