Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X-Jet M5

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Truckcab79

Going to treat myself to one of these. Looking at Rutland I reckon the trigger package plus the 1 litre bottle add-on for smaller patios is the way to go.

I have the Jetmac 15ltr machine so I’m assuming best to go for the 15-21 nozzle version rather than 10-15?

Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.

Nobody got one?

If I don’t hear otherwise ill order tomorrow and hold you all personally responsible if I’ve just spent £300 on what appears to be a nozzle that on a good day should be about £70. ?

not many on here use one @Truckcab79 however i do have one and use it on all washes, go for the 10-15 ltr version as that will suit you better and it is the correct one for the job.
i use mine on the end of my existing lance as you are further away from any fumes or if say a connection blows it is further away from you, your face and clothes.
if i'm honest forget about what you see on youtube with people walking around with a small drum of hypo and a trigger in the other hand, one trip and you are head first on the floor with the trigger and a drum of hypo spilling around you,i use a 10m length of 8mm id hose attached to the x-jet and the other end into a drum of whatever, this allows for a 20m diameter for the x-jet, use a straight lance for the jet if you have one not a cranked one.
hope this helps.

Many thanks. Seen a few reviews and thought the same about the drum of hypo hence my inclination to get the little 1 litre bottles and have 2 or 3 pre-filled and see how long they last. I’ll get some tube as well, though without a supplier nearby I tend to get mine shipped and even 20 litres of hypo always comes as 4x5ltr packs regardless of supplier.

Have a cranked lance but will probably still get the short trigger. Figure it’s so bloody expensive for a glorified nozzle that I might as well get the package. If I don’t use it I can always use it cleaning my van.

10-15 makes sense actually as my backup machine is a Rocwood that runs at 10. (Supposedly). Thankfully had no use for it since the Jetmac but you never know.

Cheers again.

Thought about getting one but prefer to put the hypo down via/ watering can and brush as it never goes anywhere I don't want it to or go airborne.

Well, ordered today. Will report back with how I find it.

Called Rutland to confirm nozzle size and to ask about forum discount and they said go for the larger one so I’ll go with their advice. And there isn’t any discount but if you order online you get points to use for discount to spend later. Fair enough.

Well won’t be playing with it just yet. Ordered the trigger assembly version, bottle kit and spare bottles. Super-fast delivery but received no trigger, a Kew spigot nozzle, and one less bottle than I’d ordered. Hey-ho. Sure they’ll sort it.

Used this for the first time today so thought I’d report back.

First impressions. Very nicely made. I bought it with trigger attached which is nice and solid also.

Struggle to see how it’s so expensive given that it’s doesn’t seem much different in materials to the £20 snow foam attachment that I bought off eBay to clean the van. Can only assume it’s due to the relatively small number of people that would want one.

Adjustment of the mix ratio is via little plastic inserts. Basically just different sized holes. They snap into the base nice and securely. So much so that I think you’d struggle to get them back out without damage if you wanted to change the mix and they’re tiny too.

Plugged it with what should be a 3:1 insert or as close as possible using the table that comes with it.

I bought the bottles and attachment thinking they’d be ideal for small patios but the speed it works they’ve be empty in seconds. Doubt I’ll ever use them. I might go to a ‘slower’ ratio though and see the difference.

Had to turn machine down as it was really too quick for the size of patio I was working on but basically just does what it should and does it well. Very controllable on lower revs. Seemed to empty a 5ltr hypo quicker than I’d expect at 3:1 but there’s no real way of checking whether it’s accurate. Could fill a known capacity container I suppose and see what’s in there once a 5ltr has been emptied.

Had surfactant in the hypo so all came out impressively foamy. I like clients to see that as it looks like you’re not just cleaning with water. Getting their moneys worth ?

Is it worth the price? Probably not for my use but I’m not sorry I bought it. Works exactly as it should do so no complaints. Should probably be about half the price it is. Would come into its own on a big driveway or patio and I’ve got one coming up soon I think. Definitely saves time though you still have to leave the hypo to work.

Ive also got three houses booked to paint so I’ll probably use it to softwash the render and pebbledash first just because I’ve got it.

Overall nice bit of kit, does what it’s meant to but a lot of cash.

Your probably better off getting a twenty meter hose and putting that in 25l drum so you can walk around the average house patio drive without having to move it.

Ideally it's a lot fast to have a quick release gun so you can switch from turbo to FSC to X Jet

I was thinking about getting one to put hypo or biocide on roofs...

Your probably better off getting a twenty meter hose and putting that in 25l drum so you can walk around the average house patio drive without having to move it.

Ideally it's a lot fast to have a quick release gun so you can switch from turbo to FSC to X Jet

I was thinking about getting one to put hypo or biocide on roofs...

Probably right but I struggle to get to anywhere local to be able to buy the big ones so I invariably get 4 x 5ltr delivered.

Might have to decant it into a larger one on the day if I do that big job. Several patios and huge grand stone staircase and a massive driveway. Probably a couple of days work minimum I reckon.

A question on the XJet. When you get it there is a table telling you which insert to use for a given pressure washer LPM. Given that full blast is too fast for me on a small patio, and I want to turn the revs down, does the ratio of hypo to water stay the same at lower speed?

Would have thought so. If its only small just use a brush and watering can.
Not now I’ve spent a fortune on this I won’t. ?.

I always used to use a backpack sprayer to apply before and works well. Still take it with me so if the space was really tiny I’d use that.

Just curious if the ratio stayed the same regardless of flow. If it does why would the table read to use different colour inserts for different flow rate machines?

Just curious if the ratio stayed the same regardless of flow. If it does why would the table read to use different colour inserts for different flow rate machines?
Interesting, I can't for the life of me remember the scientific principal that the x jet works on. Basically it's all to do with the PW flow passing over an orifice (insert) and dragging out the chemical. So smaller orifice lower concentration I can see pressure having a big effect but not really flow rate.

Going to treat myself to one of these. Looking at Rutland I reckon the trigger package plus the 1 litre bottle add-on for smaller patios is the way to go.

I have the Jetmac 15ltr machine so I’m assuming best to go for the 15-21 nozzle version rather than 10-15?

Anything else to be aware of?

Thanks in advance.
Is it a Loncin machine you got??

A question on the XJet. When you get it there is a table telling you which insert to use for a given pressure washer LPM. Given that full blast is too fast for me on a small patio, and I want to turn the revs down, does the ratio of hypo to water stay the same at lower speed?
to answer the question yes, the ratio stays the same just not as much hypo in your case is being applied because the washer is running slower.
it is better to have the washer running at low revs at least so you have some control over the x jet, with it being an american thing when i first got one of these you had to convert us gallons into litres for a given ratio it proved nigh on impossible to get it right and to be honest most people couldn't be a**ed and chose either black/brown/beige or grey inserts and left it at that-i'm on a brown one and it works very well for me.
use the x jet for things like pre-wetting, watering down plants if you have to or for rinsing away debri, the more you use it the more uses you can find for it,
i'll always pre-wet a patio or driveway first then, apply a caustic tfr to loosen dirt and such like and then clean its much quicker this way and, even quicker with the x jet

Back