Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

X-Jet M5

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Interesting, I can't for the life of me remember the scientific principal that the x jet works on. Basically it's all to do with the PW flow passing over an orifice (insert) and dragging out the chemical. So smaller orifice lower concentration I can see pressure having a big effect but not really flow rate.
I’ll check that table to be fair. Make sure it was lpm not psi

to answer the question yes, the ratio stays the same just not as much hypo in your case is being applied because the washer is running slower.
it is better to have the washer running at low revs at least so you have some control over the x jet, with it being an american thing when i first got one of these you had to convert us gallons into litres for a given ratio it proved nigh on impossible to get it right and to be honest most people couldn't be a**ed and chose either black/brown/beige or grey inserts and left it at that-i'm on a brown one and it works very well for me.
use the x jet for things like pre-wetting, watering down plants if you have to or for rinsing away debri, the more you use it the more uses you can find for it,
i'll always pre-wet a patio or driveway first then, apply a caustic tfr to loosen dirt and such like and then clean its much quicker this way and, even quicker with the x jet

Many thanks. Useful tips ?

Venturi
The lower pressure from the water flowing past causes it to draw the chemical out

I have the m5 and it’s great
Looking forward to the big driveway and patio job where it’ll come into its own I think, though it’s for a client that I’ve worked with for a couple of years who has a habit of asking for quotes for huge and expensive landscaping and pergola projects…..and then books me to put up a shelf in the shed. ?‍♂️?

Used the XJet for the third or fourth time today and it’s started leaking from one of the connections. It’s also rusting on the screws on the trigger / handle and and the filter and one of the QC connectors even though they’re supposedly stainless. Bit much given the price and that I clean and WD40 my gear after every single use.

Works fine otherwise though. Not really necessary for most jobs applying hypo but brilliant for rinsing.

Back