Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Trad To Wfp Did You Tell Your Customers?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jonathan French

Hi

Seriously thinking about this wfp and wondering if its worth telling all my customers im about to move over to it, I have told a few and had a positive response but dont know if i should bother mentioning it to some as at the end of the day their windows will still be as clean if not cleaner.

Also got any tips about moving over, will all my windows need a good first clean or not? what type of brush to use and what type of windows to avoid or take care on?

cheers

Hi
Seriously thinking about this wfp and wondering if its worth telling all my customers im about to move over to it, I have told a few and had a positive response but dont know if i should bother mentioning it to some as at the end of the day their windows will still be as clean if not cleaner.

Also got any tips about moving over, will all my windows need a good first clean or not? what type of brush to use and what type of windows to avoid or take care on?

cheers
I told all my customers that i would be doing the tops with wfp and would no longer be using a ladder for saftey and insurance reasons most are fine and understand this!

will all my windows need a good first clean or not?
Yes they will as all frames will have to be cleaned!

what type of brush to use
You will get different views on brushes it all comes down to preference in the end!

I would not bother to tell them myself just yet until the time comes when you are ready to change over. /emoticons/wink.png

THIS IS THE BEST ADVICE EVER!!! LOL!!

If you do swap over to WFP. Clean all the frames with pure water only. Especially the top frame. Make it spotless.

Then when you go round with WFP it will be soooo much easier

I told some, some I didn't tell and were fine with it, a lot of people are not in when I clean and have never seen me cleaning their windows so didn't tell them either.. I only lost 1 customer ( who I never told in advance ), didn't even get to finish his house, was an old boy who thought he knew better, was quite cheeky and didn't respect the fact I wanted to keep myself safe so I just walked away without trying to convince him.

I said for years wfp is rubbish. Took the plunge, only regret is I should have done it years ago!

Thanks guys. Any windows to avoid?
Yeah i was going to ask the same thing as i'm swapping over soon ,i was cleaning some windows today with the squeege and just thought can wfp do as good a job as this? what about birds c**p and stains how does it work with that?

Yeah i was going to ask the same thing as i'm swapping over soon ,i was cleaning some windows today with the squeege and just thought can wfp do as good a job as this? what about birds c**p and stains how does it work with that?
The bird pooped on the window after I left Mrs, honest! Or get ya ladder out and clean it properly, lolz.

Iv had some leaks doing front doors.. Also old metal framed windows can leak if they have opening panes.. Some nasty wooden frames that haven't been painted can cause problems.. Other than that everything been fine with me..

Bird poop, I use tecbuk brushes, the hybrid is my number 1 brush, has boars hair in centre that eats bird poop.. If that dosent work, tecbuk brushes have scrapers attached, and I also use a tecbuk scrub pad, which I prefer to use.

Iv had some leaks doing front doors.. Also old metal framed windows can leak if they have opening panes.. Some nasty wooden frames that haven't been painted can cause problems.. Other than that everything been fine with me..
Bird poop, I use tecbuk brushes, the hybrid is my number 1 brush, has boars hair in centre that eats bird poop.. If that dosent work, tecbuk brushes have scrapers attached, and I also use a tecbuk scrub pad, which I prefer to use.
Was it the best thing you've done going over to water fed pole? do you prefere it to trad?

U dont need to tell themAslong as ther clean thats all that matters
Mate,if your changing over you must inform ir you will lose them trust me.

Explain what's involved and you'll be fine,please ignore above comment.

Mate,if your changing over you must inform ir you will lose them trust me.Explain what's involved and you'll be fine,please ignore above comment.
Hes the window cleaner he chooses what method is best for his business , if u ask the customers if its okay its like your scared of losing them then the customers will think am 1 of his only customers and this is wen customers start controlling u

I had - women hu had a trad cleaner she goes huh u leave windows wet? I thought damn i just lost a customer i go to her yeah /emoticons/smile.png they wont streak if u have a problem n if ya not happy call me within 24 hours n ill cum do then again for u for free

She goes in n givs me a 2 pound tip n has a big smile on her face

I say this with people who say to me y u cleaning in the rain ? N they all accept me n b happy wen i tel them cal me within24 hours if u rnt happy n then we always hav a lil chat n banter /emoticons/smile.png

Dont need to tel ya customers if they ask then tel em how it is get straight to the point and thats it

Hes the window cleaner he chooses what method is best for his business , if u ask the customers if its okay its like your scared of losing them then the customers will think am 1 of his only customers and this is wen customers start controlling u
I had - women hu had a trad cleaner she goes huh u leave windows wet? I thought damn i just lost a customer i go to her yeah /emoticons/smile.png they wont streak if u have a problem n if ya not happy call me within 24 hours n ill cum do then again for u for free

She goes in n givs me a 2 pound tip n has a big smile on her face

I say this with people who say to me y u cleaning in the rain ? N they all accept me n b happy wen i tel them cal me within24 hours if u rnt happy n then we always hav a lil chat n banter /emoticons/smile.png

Dont need to tel ya customers if they ask then tel em how it is get straight to the point and thats it
Okay mate whatever works for you,it's not about being scared and losing customers.all the customers I informed were happy and that was over 250 of erm 2 years ago.

Also if you do this they tell there friends of a method of window cleaning that they ain't seen before and may lead on to more opportunities.

I've seen other window cleaners lose work coz they couldn't be bothered and phone me up as that's how it works.not about customers controlling you,just let them know,just my opinion and worked for me.

Back