Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheapncheerful

Its.....sixty quids....

Dave B

I am in the process of building a backpack/trolley for the fascia and full pvc cladding jobs i have just got

Don't need pure for that

Dave B
Isn't is hard to do a polished job though by pole, Without eons of practice?

Will order the pork over the 50th then and suffer the loss of another £5 ;-)

Not for over connys obstacles etc but hard from ground level

Kevin Miller
just made out the following...I dont get many like this and I am not to keen on work....:rolleyes:

1) Gutter clearout full house and also clear and check all downspouts. Price £60.oo (this may involve some dismantling and rebuilding of downspouts..)

2) Exterior gutter and facia and soffit board all around the house full clean down using virisol to remove built up grime and algae to include some removal by hand. Price £60.00

3) Front and side of house full washdown of all cladding.This will require some hand removal with magic sponges of built up lines of black grime and dirt. Price £60.00

4)Removal of all ivy from roof to ground on front side elevation. Price £60.00

5) First clean of all exterior windows / doors and removal of ingrained dirt. £25.00 normal clean price £10.00.

(Please note the outside kitchen tap is currently switched off inside and will be needed for all works and preferably a power outlet would help.)The above jobs could be done over time with only the gutter clearout an emergency matter.

Money could be saved by only having the ivy cut down to half way (half price) and kept under control in future.Also.....the same applies to the gutter facia soffit washdown if only the front was done the back could be done later.

A WHOLE job discount of £20.00 applies if all work is carried out.

maybe I should have priced the windows at sixty too!

I will let you know how many sixtys I get....its....one hundred and eighty...maybe...more....:D..

cheapncheerful what ratio of virosol do you use and how do you apply it?

Advertisement

Jimroot
I am in the process of building a backpack/trolley for the fascia and full pvc cladding jobs i have just got

Don't need pure for that

Yeah I'm looking forward to building something too, if only for standard water for now. I seriously need to buy a shed asap as at the moment storeage is a hassle

cheapncheerful

er.frank says...I just lobb a bit in a bucket and dilute and bang the brush in...its all very scientific I ALWAYS read instructions:rolleyes:

its probs a cap full to a bucket full..and get scrubbing...

I used to use fairy and that was good and flash..sometimes...I just lobb the lot in....:eek:

so I would just soak the brush and rub it in and wait a small while and then scrub off and rinse away,usually by the time you have done say the front you can just go back and start to scrubb and rinse off the first one...I get a bit scared cause da smufy tells me I will turn the frames orange if I leave it too long...

one thing I will say about virisol is its far stronger than it looks...

Kevin Miller

Thanks Frank, yeah I've heard the same so been asking around what dilution rate people use. I have both ubik and virosol. Some people use virosol at 50/50 leave for 2 mins ruthenium scrub then leave for another few mins then rinse. I wouldn't be brave enough with that. Got a clean tomorrow so gonna try using virosol at 6 parts water 1 part virosol and see how I get on. From reading as long as you don't let it dry you should be ok. Cheers again

rshandyman
Thanks Frank, yeah I've heard the same so been asking around what dilution rate people use. I have both ubik and virosol. Some people use virosol at 50/50 leave for 2 mins ruthenium scrub then leave for another few mins then rinse. I wouldn't be brave enough with that. Got a clean tomorrow so gonna try using virosol at 6 parts water 1 part virosol and see how I get on. From reading as long as you don't let it dry you should be ok. Cheers again

I use virosol from time to time neat and it is fine

Jimroot

Nice. Porcupine must be a great product, look forward to trying it on my neglected panes

Advertisement

Smurf

The renault master van I have now has a drop down ladder rack & also a drop down pipe box. The pipe box is big enough to store my guttervac poles in. Before that I had a berlingo van so the guttervac poles just about fitted inside the van but protruded into the cabin (passenger side). You will just have to work out the best way to store them safely in your van.

On a side note, did you make a a sling to carry your Harris/pro gutter pole smurf? I thoug I'd make one with an old nylon guitar strap.

rshandyman

I

Nice. Porcupine must be a great product, look forward to trying it on my neglected panes

Porcupine is very good for first cleans but for windows which are done more often I prefer standard sleeve as you do not need to put soap on it so often

rshandyman
On a side note, did you make a a sling to carry your Harris/pro gutter pole smurf? I thoug I'd make one with an old nylon guitar strap.

Will check out the porcupine

For gutter poles and wfp I made a kind of hanging metal straps fixed to the walls so I can put them on top.I also made stops so they stay in place,that way they dry quickier and do not take floor space in my van.

Jimroot

I just got the porcupine for now, and another £80 of stuff. I'm sure I'll have to do another order soon anyway.

With the pole straps, I was thinking more about a carry sling to safely get the pole to the top of the ladder rather than van store issue

Jimroot

Loads of goodies davey :)

The 30 Unger ergo tec handle

12 inch steel channel and five Unger soft rubber

Porcupine and ergo tec t bar

Ninja boab

Unger belt with pouch and bottle holder

Extension piece

Scraper

Opti loc 3m pole

Came to about one twenty

The pole was a mistake I thought I'd cancelled it :-(. I've already got three Harris poles

Dave B

The optiloc pole is good with unger handles due to the clip to hold them on

Especially if you start using the 0° for awkward windows

Allows you to fan easier by twisting the pole to help turn the squeegee

Is it the black 2 pocket pouch with the velcro pocket on the front?

Has a handy velcro loop on the front that an extra squeegee handle fits in

Jimroot

Yeah that pouch. I'm wary how fast my budget is disappearing. I guess trad tools are indispensable, I was going to wait til I'd built the wfp system but from the forum I realise trad gear is always needed anyway and the wfp could take months to build if I don't find the time and it doesn't go smoothly

Advertisement

Jimroot

How's the Roland Dave? Been making any music? I bought a Telecaster a month or so ago in a great deal I couldn't turn down and still haven't found time to play it more than ten minutes. Sometimes life feels like it's work til 70 then do fun stuff :-(

Dave B

I had a play with it all for a few days and now back in the loft

Bleedin women

Might put it all up for sale

The 1210s and vinyl are here to stay though

Was looking at what my stuff it worth the other day and have a little fortune here

Was thinking of buying and selling again as that's how i got most of it

Boot sales etc are surprisingly good places to come across what some people thinks crap

Jimroot

I'd love to find a Roland or any early gear like that. I'm lucky I've got a massive tall half converted loft with velux windows, just needs a rad and power points and I can make it my den, already got dart board and score case ready, just need an armchair and mini fridge, my hi fi setup... I will be very happy left alone up there. Wife says will be my eldests bedroom one day but I think they can all share. A room, maybe my wife can share with em too

Dave B

I wanted it all in the spare room but my niece is moving back in next month for 4 or 5 months while she saves a deposit for a mortgage

I am definitely considering selling and doing a bit of wheeling and dealing as i know enough about it to know what i am selling and what is a bargain

Advertisement

Jimroot

Extreme stuff. I bought a wave station vector synth a few years ago for about forty quid, thousands back in the day. Funny how some stuff that was thousands is now a few bob, and some cheaters but rarer stuff is trust fund bounty. A lot of my fave artists built up their collections as they went along, and depending what they had, they made certain music. It's such an interesting thing to do. But I struggled a bit with the technical side, midi etc, I just multi track and live take, then mix and edit, and that has massive limits with electro music it sounds a bit 'dead' after I'd say

rshandyman
I just got the porcupine for now, and another £80 of stuff. I'm sure I'll have to do another order soon anyway.

With the pole straps, I was thinking more about a carry sling to safely get the pole to the top of the ladder rather than van store issue

what do you mean by:'get the pole to the top of the ladder' why you want take them up?

Dave B

It's not that hard with the old stuff

You use the ms100 or the drum synth (909) or similar to sync the rest

No computers needed

As long as they are all connected properly the 1 bit of kit times the rest and you just have a play around

I have a soundcraft notepad mixer which is newish and small but does the job and bob's your uncle

Jimroot

The pro gutter is used laterally from the top of the ladder? So it's quite an awkward tool to get up there

[media]

[/media]

Jimroot

I usually get all my stuff played to a reasonable sync then do 90% of the work post recording, it's only a hassle if there's difficult parts that I can't break down, so,etimes it works really well. But im sure if I had the time I'd have got some better methods and maybe even got something like this...

[media]

[/media]

Nah ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.