Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Jake

What do you charge to clean conservatory roofs?

Guest boarcity

weight comes into play too on roof work. im not small myself tip scales at 13stone but im in fortunate position that one of my workers is about 9 or ten stones by the looks , this jackrabbit is usually sent up and has no problem whatsoever

cheapncheerful

yep me done plenty conny walking in my time but ...

I do remember testing one with my foot and thinking....fook that...

you listen to the sound and feel the give...

would I DO it now...

NO I was lucky and am now older and wiser...

and did listen to the lads on here as with age comes wisdom....obviously the older the more wisdom:thumbsup:not mentioning any names blue...

that one slip...would soon change a persons viewpoint..but alas...its too late then..

and also...custys dont care who or how its done just as long as its done...

doubt you would get any flowers in hospital of any of em...:D

nick666
I've moved on a lot since I posted this thread, the last conny roof I did was £150 in 4 hours, but I charged fairly, customer said the price was fair...

Getting a good price means you'll do a better job

[ATTACH=full]7004[/ATTACH]

bloody good job that

Smurf

I try to keep pushing boundaries price wise as to be honest I hate doing them so want to make it worth my while for the hassle.

150 for that size that @Jake posted was dirt cheap in my book as if was filthy I would have quoted at least double if not more.

Guest MrBump

300 to clean a conservatory, I'd take that all day long, I thought 150 was a good price! :D

Dave B

But smurf is tighter than a nun's chuff mate so always smurfs his prices up:D

Jake
I try to keep pushing boundaries price wise as to be honest I hate doing them so want to make it worth my while for the hassle.

150 for that size that @Jake posted was dirt cheap in my book as if was filthy I would have quoted at least double if not more.

It was dirty, but only took 4 hours smurf, no way would I have got it for £300, they would of laughed in my face.

£150 for 4 hours work is lovely jubbly, and it's one nice lump of dough rather than dribs and drabs from window cleaning,

If I could do one of them a week, I'd be more than happy. £600 a month from conny roofs would be great.

It probably would take you about 3 days though smurf, as your into all that health and saftey, but you know me by now, 'get on with it you wimp' as my dad always said. It pays to be brave. None of that ankalad rubbish.

Just be safe and know your limits is my motto, and as I've said over and over and OVER I don't stand on plastic roofs or any conny that doesn't have a steel support structure.

There's risk in everything.

Anyway that's how me and the guys who trained me do them, we get up and get on with it. Never had an issue, but can't be bothered to go over all over again, we all work differently. :cool:

nick666

When I grow up I want to be Thomas Sanderson :-)-well perhaps not him exactly but charge like him-perhaps I'll do a light brigade special

Smurf

You may joke but you can easily get 150 for roofs a third of the size of that one.

Jake

You say that smurf, but you can only earn what the customer is willing to pay, it took a month for this bloke to come round to the idea of spending £150 on this job,

You'll only earn what the customer wants to pay

Jake
It took less than 5 mins to get this one for 150

Approx 5m x 3m roof in the middle

[ATTACH=full]7077[/ATTACH]

Yes well done smurf, the point remains, people will only pay what they see is worth it, some will have no problem with a higher price, some won't, 'something is only worth what someone will pay for it'

On another day you wouldn't have got that job, it's all dependant on the customer

Dave B

Having the right gear for the job looks more professional and believe it or not customers will part with more money for what they see as a quality job done professionally

Tuffers
I've moved on a lot since I posted this thread, the last conny roof I did was £150 in 4 hours, but I charged fairly, customer said the price was fair...

Getting a good price means you'll do a better job

[ATTACH=full]7004[/ATTACH]

You know you've left some moss on that roof Jake :P

Jake
Having the right gear for the job looks more professional and believe it or not customers will part with more money for what they see as a quality job done professionally

I certainly do have (not being arrogant) a very neat and professional setup, but people will only pay what they want, sometimes you get a straight 'yeah that's great' and skmetimes you get a 'ok well we'll let you know, thanks for coming round'

Totally depends on the custy..

I've got a £70 one to do this Friday, but the customer took a day to think about it, then agreed, I didn't think I'd get the Job, but they decided too go ahead in the end, if I'd be any higher priced I think they'd have laughed it off. As its stands it's and easy job and a good £70

Jake
You know you've left some moss on that roof Jake :P

Yeah hadn't finished it yet tuffers, hence taking the pic while still on the roof...:P:p

Tuffers
Yeah hadn't finished it yet tuffers, hence taking the pic while still on the roof...:P:p

3B4F0347-4B2E-4CD8-90AB-996E4FA1C5FB_zpsetefxv5o.gif

Diwrnach

Screw standing on a connie roof, that what the long reach pole is for (both WFP and pressure washer if the need ever arises).

Foolish in my eyes.

Jake
Screw standing on a connie roof, that what the long reach pole is for (both WFP and pressure washer if the need ever arises).

Foolish in my eyes.

Each to there own, I love it, fast and easy. We can all work how we want old @Diwrnach :P

Jake

Wouldn't matter anyway @Tuffers as they were well chuffed and paid :cool:

They did say actually 'we had some nonces come round to quote, but they were all into health and safety, we wanted a man to come and do a mans job, none of this wimpy ankalad rubbish' :rofl:

Jake

Just look at the beauty of it!!!image.jpg.00861406e0980587ae74a38cf10b8f25.jpg

No way I'd have got it that clean without being above it and pushing the water down, I tried wfp from the bottom and it just didn't work @Diwrnach all you end up doing is using loads of water trying to get it to rinse off, all the while your pushing more dirt up into the seals at the top, it's just totally impractical. The result was perfect because I was able to stand on it, and for the millionth time it was a steel constructed roof, perfectly safe.

Diwrnach

I have done the same on connies, quite a few of them, with no standing on them, like you say each to their own, but never been cleaning one thinking it would be much easier if I got on top of it.

Don't see the need.

Diwrnach

At the end of the day I am not willing to risk a lifetime of a wheelchair for a measly £100.

Jake
At the end of the day I am not willing to risk a lifetime of a wheelchair for a measly £100.

Oh don't be daft, even my mum would laugh at that comment!

I must have been brought up differently, 'just get on with ya wimp' is what my dad used to say, as long as you know it's safe, and your competent then it's fine, for me that job would have been absolute nightmare if I wasn't able to get above it.

And it's was £150 not £100 :P

Jake

:P:D

This is so say safe to walk on too

[ATTACH=full]7079[/ATTACH]

That's how the guys that taught me still do it smurf, 19 years and still never had an accident, real men. :cool::P:D

cheapncheerful

now I hope you will all go and visit jake when he ends up in hospital and dont forget the grapes...:D

its okay jake cnc did plenty conny walking in his youth...but ...with age comes wisdom..

I still have one every now and then I will show the pics when it next turns up and yes it is easier to work from above...

Diwrnach

What's all this real men business? I'll be honest its starting to grate a bit now....... I don't want to get into a pissing contest but you have no idea who I am and what I have done in my life.

It has nothing to do with being a real man, it has to do with risk vs profit, and the risk here to me far out weighs the profit.

Jake
now I hope you will all go and visit jake when he ends up in hospital and dont forget the grapes...:D

its okay jake cnc did plenty conny walking in his youth...but ...with age comes wisdom..

I still have one every now and then I will show the pics when it next turns up and yes it is easier to work from above...

I don't walk on them all, we're talking 2 or 3 out of every 10 done, it comes down to the strength of the conny,

But yeah glad you agree that working from above is easier! ;)