Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What do you charge to clean conservatory roofs?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

No but that lot charge £600

I only stand where the support is smurf, I'm not stupid!

Trust me, I really do not want to be falling through a roof!

But i know when checking the structure how safe it will be.

That particular conservatory I cleaned was solid as a rock, under each white 'beam' was a solid steel structure

Ohh moody smurf:eek:
Honestly mate in 8 years I've never had a problem, I am a well regarded window cleaner, hence getting Porsche jobs etc.

Many of the window cleaners I know do it this way, I was 'trained' this way and in my view it's the best way to get it clean, there was no way I'd have got it clean without being above the conny, remember smurf I use low pressure, and I only stand where the joists and structure will support me, I also said I don't stand on plastic roofs or flimsy roofs,

I have friends who have been cleaning windows for 20 years (one who trained me as an 18 year old for 4 years) who still do it this way, and they have never had a problem, so why is it a problem with you smurf? Come on mate, it's doesn't need to be an issue for you does it?

Sometimes I get the feeling you get a bit 'tetchy' when people do things differently to you...

I'm always happy for other people and there methods, this is my method and is done safely and successfully each time, I would never stand on a conservatory that doesn't have a solid steel 'skeleton'

I also sometimes use boards if needs be, and other than that I use a ladder leaning up against the conny, I am fully aware of what I do smurf, so just be happy! /emoticons/biggrin.png
I am an ex roofer and would be ok doing it that way but mate it only takes 1 bad judgement to put you in a wheelchair

I am an ex roofer and would be ok doing it that way but mate it only takes 1 bad judgement to put you in a wheelchair
Absolutly, and what's why I only do it where safe to do so, and remember we can't always wrap ourselves up in cotton

The thing is unless you use fall arrest equipment it is never 100% safe to do so

Id be thinking, what if a pigeon flew at you and your lost your footing? Or a cat, or a loud bang. You can't control nature or some events occurring or your reaction to it. At least if you're on a ladder you can have a grab hold.

If you're confident in your methods though sounds a fair risk for you and a considered risk.

Lmao :rofl:

Never had a bird hit me anywhere let alone when on a conny roof!

There's danger in everything

By the way I lean against the wall of the house, it's not like I'm suspended in thin air

I have no doubt Jake knows what he is doing the same as i could run about untethered on a roof all day

The reason i don't is the fact that the 1 second your mind wanders or something unexpected happens is the time you learn your lesson the hard way or don't learn as you are now in a morgue

Complacency is the biggest killer imo

Did my tuffering

Eat my nice romantic meals

Saw the nice sights

And then saw a tramps **** while he stood in front of us in the champs elysee and had a wazz

Wife was not too impressed and my son shouted "your dripping on your shoes mate":rofl:

I thought I was pretty good at walking down stairs at 7am holding my son, till I broke my foot bone doing it

weight comes into play too on roof work. im not small myself tip scales at 13stone but im in fortunate position that one of my workers is about 9 or ten stones by the looks , this jackrabbit is usually sent up and has no problem whatsoever

yep me done plenty conny walking in my time but ...

I do remember testing one with my foot and thinking....**** that...

you listen to the sound and feel the give...

would I DO it now...

NO I was lucky and am now older and wiser...

and did listen to the lads on here as with age comes wisdom....obviously the older the more wisdom:thumbsup:not mentioning any names blue...

that one slip...would soon change a persons viewpoint..but alas...its too late then..

and also...custys dont care who or how its done just as long as its done...

doubt you would get any flowers in hospital of any of em.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Latest Posts

Back