Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Recommended gutter vac?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kenzor

Im looking for some insight from all you seasoned pros on which gutter vac I should look into as a newbie.

At the moment I’m lucky enough to be able to borrow an X-Line gutter vac from a close friend who also happens to be a window cleaner.

The problem is we’ve both been picking up quite a few gutter jobs lately and since it’s his equipment, I’m usually having to rebook for when he isn’t using the kit.

I like the sound of the SkyVac but I’m not willing to splash out 2 grand at this stage, is there anything cheaper that does the job well until I can upgrade?

I have the £200 Maxblaster from ebay which is over 6k lpm. The only problem is the inlet which is 38mm and keeps blocking. So I bought a side entry 51mm inlet (£80) and two cuffs and 10metres of hose (£180) all from Spinaclean. Then I spent the weekend converting my maxblaster to the new inlet and tossed away the cloth filter. I now have a fantastic Vac disguised as a wheely bin which I transport it in for less than £500. Bought a set of carbon poles (£400) and a camera with a monitor (£180) all from ebay. That's about the cheapest way to do it and one job paid me £300 on Saturday. Customer is always intrigued when I switch on the camera and I can see their gutter.

Latest Posts

Back