Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Skyvac atom side inlet

WCF

Help Support WCF:

wezza13

Have bitten the bullet and ordered a skyvac atom, to save me clearing gutters from a ladder.

i remember some of you guys said to replace the side inlet with a bigger one from spin a clean, so that it doesn’t block up as much.

anyone have a link for that particular product please? 

tia

Out of interest, as I can’t see the specs on the website, what does it convert the inlet to in millimetres? 

Out of interest, as I can’t see the specs on the website, what does it convert the inlet to in millimetres? 
It takes it up to 50mm, you will probably need a hose as well. Why not use it the way it is now to begin with, then when you get more work you can justify the additional cost. Yes front entry blocks but the Skyvac Atom is used by a few on here, @Incheckhas one I believe.

Aye, don’t worry about the front entry, i spent years unblocking it daily, its no hassle really. Drain roads for the hose, run water through it, unclogging the entry port itself with your hand is easy enough. Definitely have drain rods as more often than not rubble gets stuck in the hose and needs rodding free. I wouldnt write ladders off though. Theres a lot to be said for ladders and pro gutter tools with a harris pole. Spent most of today using a combo of VAC & pro gutter tools

keep the filter dry. It really helps with air flow. You can use it without the filter though at your own risk. Our second hand gutter sucker came with no filter and its still going strong. Just make sure what goes in it is wet or soggy rather than fine dust at the height of summer that would probably knacker the motor if you dont pre-soak whats in the gutters. Its very hard to remove when bone dry anyway. 
dont use it when its too cold either ive had shards of ice blocking it one year. Just abandon in that case & come back another day as you might as well be up there with an ice pick hacking at it for hours. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one, thanks guys. Will use it as it is for the time being then. Not being delivered until next Monday, so thought I’d be prepared but, like Part Timer says, no use spending unnecessarily at first. 

Going to use my GoPro with iPhone on it, so should be a good combination. Won’t write off ladders but it’s good to have a vac, as a lot of properties, that I clean their gutters, are big farmhouses. 

Thanks for the in-depth post regarding the use of drain rods, that’ll come in handy ??

When you get the Atom there will be voucher for a camera and monitor reduced from £250 to £149.

I got one and its really good.

Just have in mind that it wont look after itself ? you have to unclog it, flush the tubes through and clean + dry filter regularly. It will do its job then. Its not the most powerful of vacs so you have to make sure its in top nic to maximize suction. Mud will stick to the walls of the carbon fibre poles worse than the 3000 watt vacs. Hot water is very good at flushing them but cold is ok when on jobs 

I'm currently using a GoPro paired with my iPhone when I'm clearing gutters. Did 3 jobs with it today. 

As it was raining. it was annoying having my iPhone on on the pole and getting wet. 

Does anyone use a small monitor/LCD screen instead? If so, could you please recommend one? I've had a look but wouldn't be too sure on which one to get, as it would have to have Wi-Fi to connect to the GoPro.

Any suggestions?

P.S. Also, the GoPro is a bit of a pain as, where the lens is (on the one side of the GoPro and not the middle), you have to keep the poles at the same angle, otherwise you can't see the gutter properly.

Anybody overcome these problems? 

Cheers 

Latest Posts

Back