Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

More new business!!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

mupps

I had to do a quick clean for a customer this morning (Saturday)..... as I parked the van beside the customers property a lady stroling past asked me if I had time for a new customer on my 'round'! Boooooom another £45 job. There seems to be more new business this year than I've ever had. Happy days!! Now all I have to do is find the time for all this new business ? She did ask me if I had insurance (which i do) and said that if I hadn't been wearing corporate clothing with my  company name then she wouldn't have even asked! 

That me out then. ?

When I recently changed the van that kept them guessing for a while.
When you have been around as long as you and me have in window cleaning on the older estates were people know who you are at a glance it's no big issue, but I do think with the new build estates and newbies wanting to establish themselves, a logoed uniform and signed van is more of a requirement,

if people have no idea who or what you are then some will possibly be suspicious at a glance, hence an earlier post about neighbours thinking @Hyzer373 was up to no good also people these days are more wary as I have heard about attempted break in's and more people now have security cameras, so I do think overall it's better to look like a window cleaner and not scrap collector or just anyone going around the streets and houses. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Where I live there are some very big navy estates if you work round there without a sign written van and uniform you will get the mod police stop you and ask what you are doing , they keep a record of any vans in the area , once they know who you are it’s not a problem, but they do keep a very close eye on the comings and goings of both vehicles and people .

I think with any business - branding and smart clothing is important. It gives a professional image. I used to have a marketing business years ago selling corporate clothing and business branded stationery.... business cards/flyers etc and converted quite a few business from non branded clothing etc to corporate clothing. It does make a difference. 

I had to do a quick clean for a customer this morning (Saturday)..... as I parked the van beside the customers property a lady strolling past asked me if I had time for a new customer on my 'round'! Boooooom another £45 job. There seems to be more new business this year than I've ever had. Happy days!! Now all I have to do is find the time for all this new business ? She did ask me if I had insurance (which i do) and said that if I hadn't been wearing corporate clothing with my  company name then she wouldn't have even asked! 

as a consumer i know that i may pay slightly more to the gentleman in a clean sign written van, wearing clean branded clothes than i am going to pay for some scruffy towrag who looks like hes smack out his head and has rocked up in a falling to bits vauxhall nova with a battered and bent ladder on a roof rack.

nothing against mr nova but i know which i would prefer walking around my property when im not in...harsh but definatly a reality.

When you have been around as long as you and me have in window cleaning on the older estates were people know who you are at a glance it's no big issue, but I do think with the new build estates and newbies wanting to establish themselves, a logoed uniform and signed van is more of a requirement,

if people have no idea who or what you are then some will possibly be suspicious at a glance, hence an earlier post about neighbours thinking @Hyzer373 was up to no good also people these days are more wary as I have heard about attempted break in's and more people now have security cameras, so I do think overall it's better to look like a window cleaner and not scrap collector or just anyone going around the streets and houses. 

Its actually quite scary how many people who aren't even my customers and whom I've never met know who I am.

Yeh, I always been questioned several times window cleaning by neighbours over the years about what my business is at the house I'm working on. I just take it as them being good neighbours and I quite happy to be quizzed.

Back