Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

650l Di van system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Luda

Hi guys, looking for some advice! At the stage now where I am looking to get a two man system installed in my van. Thinking a 650l system would last two people working a full day?

I have priced everything up to build a diy system but also considering purpose built. I have had a look at the facelift Phoenix 650l and also a system provided by the cleaning warehouse. Has anyone any experience of either? 

I have a budget of max £2500. I already have two poles so they wouldn't be required. 

Any suggestions on systems would be much appreciated. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My son and I can empty a 650l tank in just less than 5 hours on big commercial jobs. We never push it all day on residential but use 500l in around 6 hours so it should last you all day. I have only ever had Pure Freedom tanks fitted by them, initially a 650l and now an 800l so can't comment about the 2 you've mentioned.

U will be pushed in 650 mate if u work 8am till 5pm. Also water use depends on houses. Some days we use more than others but make same money. 

If u can carry 150 to 200 litres in containers u will be fine. 

We use average 800 a day. Sometimes more. I have a 1000 litre ro di tank set up with booster pump. Fills about 200 litres an hour. 

We have 1000 ltr tank in one van and 650 in another and 600 in the 3rd evan on domestic work we can use a 1000 ltr starting at 8:15 and run out by 3:30 , we don’t waist water . I don’t think a 650 will be enough unless you take long lunches or tea breaks morning and afternoon or travel long distances between jobs , but if you can top up lunch time you will probably be ok , we top up at lunch , or when doing large commercial top up whilst working . We have ionics systems in all our vans so don’t have experience with other brands but I would look at grippatank, waterworks , from personal experience  I would avoid pure freedom at all cost , but I know others rate them . 

Hi guys, looking for some advice! At the stage now where I am looking to get a two man system installed in my van. Thinking a 650l system would last two people working a full day?

I have priced everything up to build a diy system but also considering purpose built. I have had a look at the facelift Phoenix 650l and also a system provided by the cleaning warehouse. Has anyone any experience of either? 

I have a budget of max £2500. I already have two poles so they wouldn't be required. 

Any suggestions on systems would be much appreciated. 

Thanks for the quick replys. I have heard various places do discounts on or around black Friday. Do these discounts Include full systems?

Thanks for the quick replys. I have heard various places do discounts on or around black Friday. Do these discounts Include full systems?

I would phone up the companies i was interested  in dealing with and ask for a written quote , then try negotiating with them ,most will give some sort of discount or incentive to deal with them if they won’t then either pay the price or look elsewhere, that’s what I do . 

Or look for a full 2nd hand system. Plenty out there. 

I found a 1000 litre ro di system with 2 4040 membranes all filters split really battery etc. All I had to do was pay window cleaning warehouse liverpool to fit it all along with 2 electric reels and a 3rd manual back up reel and pump etc. 

They will fit other system into your van. They were really good and helpful on my change from trad to wfp

Ps paid £800 for system. 3 years old and was £5k new fitted. Bargain. 

Thanks for the replies guys. Think I have narrowed it down to either pure freedom, waterworks or xline. 

Holding off until black Friday before deciding on which. Leaning towards waterworks as the HD reels are included.

650 wont be enough 2 man. 

I have a 650 tank and work 2 man on occasion but I carry another 200 in barrels. 

On average we use about 800l working 9-3.

I am looking to upgrade tank size also and will wait to see what's about on black Friday. 

650 wont be enough 2 man. 

I have a 650 tank and work 2 man on occasion but I carry another 200 in barrels. 

On average we use about 800l working 9-3.

I am looking to upgrade tank size also and will wait to see what's about on black Friday. 
Water isn't metered/charged for up here in Scotland so would be able to fill up at a customers house when needed. 

I'll be doing the same however and seeing if anything bigger is available at a good price on black Friday. 

Water isn't metered/charged for up here in Scotland so would be able to fill up at a customers house when needed. 

I'll be doing the same however and seeing if anything bigger is available at a good price on black Friday. 

It's still easier to carry the right amount than having to find somewhere to fill.

Unless u have a pump filling up at someone's house be so slow. 

I have a booster pump and it takes about 1 hrs or more to make 200 litres. 

Unless u have a pump filling up at someone's house be so slow. 

I have a booster pump and it takes about 1 hrs or more to make 200 litres. 

I have a Grippatank booster pump and can produce 1000 ltr in 1:5 - 2 hours ideal when doing commercial work we always leave the job with more water than we turned up with ?? win win 

I've a Clarke cbm 240 pump. 4040 ro 1000 litre tank. 

Tap psi 30. With pump 80 to 90 psi. 

Takes me 5 to 6 hours to fill if low. 

What am I doing wrong. 

What am I doing wrong. 

No idear ??? , I have a Grippatank 800 ltr per hour booster pump works at I believe  100 psi with four people using wfp it will produce water faster than we can use it , brilliant  bit of kit ,it’s built into the van needs mains power or genie to power it . You can see it in the center of the picture if you look closely ,

7816C9B1-87ED-4B01-9D71-65787F193495.jpeg

What am I doing wrong. 

What is your waist to pure ratio ?? Is it pre set or can you adjust it ?? I have twin ros and fill from empty in a maximum of 2 hours .

No idear ??? , I have a Grippatank 800 ltr per hour booster pump works at I believe  100 psi with four people using wfp it will produce water faster than we can use it , brilliant  bit of kit ,it’s built into the van needs mains power or genie to power it . You can see it in the center of the picture if you look closely ,

View attachment 18421

What is your waist to pure ratio ?? Is it pre set or can you adjust it ?? I have twin ros and fill from empty in a maximum of 2 hours .
what size of tank is that mate 

My tank did have twin 40 40 but when I had it fitted we only had one done. Window cleaning warehouse said it would fill quicker with 2. But not loads. 

Waste is set about 50 50. I use a jug and stop watch to work it out. 

My tank is 1000 litre brodex e1000 3 years old. 

Pump is in garage as it needs mains. 

Back