Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

FAO Any cleaners in Leeds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Master Splinter

I just want to give the heads up to any lads that work in Leeds .

I got a call off a fella pretending to be a customer ringing for a quote .

It starts like this 

Hi there my wife has left a list of window cleaners for me to get a quote from and your on the list.

Said he lives in the LS8 area , when I asked for pics sending he said he couldn’t because he was at work he then pushes for a ball park figure of what we charge on that street ...he said I’ll send you pics tonight.

anyway he didn’t ..So I checked his number and they are another window cleaning firm fishing for prices I contacted them but he blocked me , he has also done this to other windys I’m pals with in the area .

Disgusting business tactics 

They are called PREEN AND CLEAN

These scumbags are trying to go around undercutting us getting prices .

I can’t stand people like this , what a complete tool rings off a company phone and gets caught red handed numb nuts.

I just want to give the heads up to any lads that work in Leeds .

I got a call off a fella pretending to be a customer ringing for a quote .

It starts like this 

Hi there my wife has left a list of window cleaners for me to get a quote from and your on the list.

Said he lives in the LS8 area , when I asked for pics sending he said he couldn’t because he was at work he then pushes for a ball park figure of what we charge on that street ...he said I’ll send you pics tonight.

anyway he didn’t ..So I checked his number and they are another window cleaning firm fishing for prices I contacted them but he blocked me , he has also done this to other windys I’m pals with in the area .

Disgusting business tactics 

They are called PREEN AND CLEAN

These scumbags are trying to go around undercutting us getting prices .

I can’t stand people like this , what a complete tool rings off a company phone and gets caught red handed numb nuts.

I have had a similar experience , I recognised the guys voice ???? I was more than happy to give him a price I told him it would be £45 , proper price at the time should have been £12 ??? funnily enough never Hurd from him again ??

They are trying to move in on this area but going about it the wrong way , it’s ok because we now all know what vans they are in and his name , I’ll happily chat with him over prices  ? 

I get it all the time and just say, I only quote a price when I visit the property. They always come back with can you give me an idea because they will not let me visit the property. I just hang up then, they know they have been rumbled.

@Master Splinter

Your profile says newbie. Thinking about starting??? Are you preen and clean, checking out this site?. 
They are a franchise I’ve had them drop a card giving 20% off cleans in my areas my customers give me their cards, they light my fire great ?

@Master Splinter

Your profile says newbie. Thinking about starting??? Are you preen and clean, checking out this site?. 
They are a franchise I’ve had them drop a card giving 20% off cleans in my areas my customers give me their cards, they light my fire great ?
lol no im not mate i wouldnt clean windows from £8 lol and i wouldnt wear that shite uniform either haha

there in cas and ponty / wakey i think can stay over there funny thing i never seen them about either 

Get used to it, i have adverts on facebook and customers comment them saying do u cover so and so area and i have window cleaners commenting replying to them trying to take the job ? i just delete the comment ? Like imagine going on another window cleaning page trying to poach there customers haha

Is this guy genuinely trying to undercut u ? or is he just trolling ? In reality i think hes doing u a favour if hes going undercutting u... i lose a few customers because i get undercut but they are the bad customers who are not loyal, i also have loyal customers who are happy with my service and have had offers for doing it £3.00 cheaper. your good customers will never leave u, your bad customers... get rid of them sooner rather then later if u want a good established round ;)

End of the day every "undercutter" is helping you blossom your round by weeding all the **** customers out :)

Look at it in a positive way (Y)

Aye, they keep getting ask to clean windows so they jumped at it. They are looking to put another 40 vans on the road and will be cutting grass and cleaning windows. It shows the demand is there. Maybe we should look at cutting grass also or they may steal our work. This is something I mentioned last year and will be looking into it.

Aye, they keep getting ask to clean windows so they jumped at it. They are looking to put another 40 vans on the road and will be cutting grass and cleaning windows. It shows the demand is there. Maybe we should look at cutting grass also or they may steal our work. This is something I mentioned last year and will be looking into it.

It's quite a good idea to be fair. 

Most things such as pressure washing and gutters etc are one offs

Grass cutting is round work just like window cleaning. 

No good for me though, I get bad hay fever and can't cut my own grass without coming out in a rash. I hate the stuff in the summer. 

I get that sort of call every now and again with the "prospective customer" asking how much for a "typical" 3 bed semi etc, you start to get a windies sense after a while.

It's quite a good idea to be fair. 

Most things such as pressure washing and gutters etc are one offs

Grass cutting is round work just like window cleaning. 

No good for me though, I get bad hay fever and can't cut my own grass without coming out in a rash. I hate the stuff in the summer. 

My mate who has his own window cleaning company started cutting grass a few years ago. I was thinking about it by using the new electric Stihl grass cutter that leaves the cuttings behind but it all comes down to time. I don't think I would have the time to do my add-ons in the summer.

Back