Before posting a new topic please use the search feature. Duplicate posts may be removed or merged with others.

Start new topic

Tuffers

The Curse Of Pre-Warning Customers Of Your Arrival

Tuffers

Two texts and one phone call has cost me £67 tomorrow.

1) "The system is doing such a good job that the windows are still clean from last month"

2) "I'm having work done in the back garden"

This is the best one;

3) "I've got the decorators in"

Window Cleaner

i feel your pain, it does me nut in when you text and then customer texts back asking what time etc or even worse "no tomorrows no good can you come at this day and this time"

Posh

That's why mine are 6 weekly. IMO 4 weeks is to quick. After 6 weeks they usually need a clean. I do 5 4 weekly & they don't really need cleaning when I get there.

HotWash Window Cleaners

Just do them when the customer wants. If in your opinion its too soon, so what. It's their money.

harunh

i message 50% of my customers for gate unlocking and 1/20 times i get a person cancelling me

Its rarely that i get a cancel by texting/phoning customer a night before -

Atleast the messabouts are out of your way go get some good customers like i do when i get mess abouts

adyspurs

When your well established and plenty of work then there's no need to worry guys,I'm sure you'll all get there with the exception of one person on this thread who reckons he will take my work and move up to mine.some people like me to let them know,some don't.

Martyn

Except where it is necessary for access or demanded by a customer I never contact before a clean, it just gives them a chance to dodge a clean, "It's going to rain this week" or "I'm going to be away" or "the windows aren't really dirty" you know the sort of thing, then they expect you to screw up your schedule for their benefit. I think it's not unreasonable for customers to show some commitment as well.

One of my mates on the other hand approaches it the other way and texts most of his customers before going, I can't begin to tell you how many times he's been on the phone to me raving because three or four customers in a row have put him off. :Image4:

Try not to make a rod for your own back.

Tuffers
When your well established and plenty of work then there's no need to worry guys,I'm sure you'll all get there with the exception of one person on this thread who reckons he will take my work and move up to mine.some people like me to let them know,some don't.

Lost me there.

koopmaster

I texed 1 customer last month and all i got back was not this month....

so now I dont text.

adyspurs

Lost me there.

We won't go there don't want another warning.

Belfastcleaning

Ady behave yourself or you will lose the ability to post..

Duncs

I never tell the customers I just land and get on with it , before they have chance to complain.

half the time the windows are half done by the time they see you

Guest OoO

I never tell the customers I just land and get on with it , before they have chance to complain.

half the time the windows are half done by the time they see you

LOL you get to know the "not this time crowd"

I had one a few weeks back can you leave it this time..... I said i only had one window left. She was gutted lol

Duncs

yeh its good that and they have to pay you there in ha ha

Whizz-Bizz

If I had a round Id only notify jobs of £35 or more, the rest just turn up

Vince Green

Customers my be a PIA but they are still the people that pay us MONEY. You just have to grit your teeth and get on with them as best you can. Without them, no business!

You get the idiots and hard men on other forums who wind people up by saying things like "if a customer said that to me I'd dump them" but where is the wisdom in that? They don't impress me.

OK customers mess you around but that's what life is like in the real world. Live with it and remember to smile.

chilt69

Only notify the ones who have gated properties or are a bit out of area.

Nothing worse than driving miles to find you can't get in the place!

Vince Green
Only notify the ones who have gated properties or are a bit out of area.

Nothing worse than driving miles to find you can't get in the place!

Most of the properties I do now are difficult to get access. Everyone is so much more security conscious and extensions reduce access at the side. I'm not going over garages and climbing gates.

Tuffers

Just texted a custy to say I'll be round tomorrow. Got a text back saying, on holiday. His Mrs is a teacher. Work that one out!

Posh

Just texted all mine & all ok & leaving money out. Bet it hammers down.

Duncs

posh did your plans work our? rain or graft did they leave the cash!!!

Posh

All left money & all windows cleaned. Rain never came until about 4 & was done by then. Unlike today when it was constant but still got it all done.

Guest OoO

Customers my be a PIA but they are still the people that pay us MONEY. You just have to grit your teeth and get on with them as best you can. Without them, no business!

You get the idiots and hard men on other forums who wind people up by saying things like "if a customer said that to me I'd dump them" but where is the wisdom in that? They don't impress me.

OK customers mess you around but that's what life is like in the real world. Live with it and remember to smile.

Well said sir!

We have taken on the same customer about 3 or 4 times. Shes cancelled a couple of times due to money issues, then it was the system. Then she moved. We got paid everytime, pride doesnt mean anything. Its just another job and money.