Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hard Rubber V Soft Rubber

WCF

Help Support WCF:

norm

Been cleaning windows only 8 weeks and started with unger soft rubber.I bought some hard rubber and used it first time today and I found after blading I was leaving water behind not lifting it as well as soft rubber did. Is there a different tachnique for using different rubber? cheers

I used to use Unger hard all year round. I had a load of soft that I just couldn't get on with. Then one day I tried the soft again and I prefer it tbh.

BTW, I changed from fairy to ecover and you find it leaves less soap on the glass after blading it.

I use pulex hard all year round and I just can't get on with anything else be it soft or hard. You just need to try then

Thanks for the replies and info.Going to try and get the hard rubber to work for me.Going out Tue and Wed see what happens, heres hopein

Just an update on the hard v soft rubber.Used the hard rubber Tue. and Wed. on about 40 houses found using slightly more pressure improved things greatly.Probably sounds obvious but when you are a rookie the obvious aint allways right.Looks like I am going hard rubber for summer[when it arrives]

I used unger soft for couple of years , changed to etorre soft was advised by W C W must say do find them better,

use it with the unger end clips very little detailing when fanning

the rubbers are thicker quite hard to get clips in but much better

Can I use etorre in unger gear? I do think I have too much detailing when fanning.I have bought some unger end clips but haven't got a chance to use them yet

I use hard Unger all year round,have done for years,go with what you feel comfortable with,I'm very heavy handed though.

He he maybe a bit heavy handed myself. It seems that its personal choice and use what works best with ur own technique. I have my work finished for the week so going to try to get my newly purchased unger visa versa and pole to clean windows instead of streaking/wetting guess I need a lot more practice, lots and lots me thinks

Just went back over some old forums in January.Came across hard v soft I should have checked better before starting this one oops.Wrapping this one up.Thanks for the replies !!

Latest Posts

Back