Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

£6000 - £10,000 What Van?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Over the years we have seen loads of different vans come to us, transit has by far the best build quality in my eyes, perfect in every way for pole systems, good strong chassis and masses of room! Reliable and economically good also!

i need a new van head gasket blown now but still drives sound lol,looking for a old transit or relay difference here is ill have £1k to spend lol

if i had to choose it would be a transit or the transporter there both solid but new tranys arnt as good as the old ones.

Problem is with the vw's they are expensive. For the same money I can get other vans, usually with a higher spec and much less miles.

But I have seen some new shape t5's for £12,000 from vw inc vat with low ish miles 40k
It's up to you mate, but a 100,000 miles on a 04 plate transporter is more than likely Gona be better for you in the long term than a 60,000 mile transit.

So I wouldn't look at millage or age too much, so long as its tidy on the outside I go for the vw as it is a tested and proven engine from years of use, where as then transit is fitted with a new age common rail engine which suffer from injector issues (which are over £1000 for all four to be replaced), Egr failures, boost pipes splitting every 2-4 years, dmf failing before 80,000, turbo failures .... The list goes on..

I am a very big ford fan and always have been, but their tdci engine is absolutely useless.

It's up to you mate, but a 100,000 miles on a 04 plate transporter is more than likely Gona be better for you in the long term than a 60,000 mile transit. So I wouldn't look at millage or age too much, so long as its tidy on the outside I go for the vw as it is a tested and proven engine from years of use, where as then transit is fitted with a new age common rail engine which suffer from injector issues (which are over £1000 for all four to be replaced), Egr failures, boost pipes splitting every 2-4 years, dmf failing before 80,000, turbo failures .... The list goes on.. I am a very big ford fan and always have been, but their tdci engine is absolutely useless.
true words its like people say well ive got a 09 astra with 10 thousand on the clock for 5k,id rather have a 02 audi with 90k on the clock lol.cant compare the engines
was talking to my macanic yesterday said new transits are ****.go for a old smiley he said.easy to work on i hate new cars all electric and them egr valves now are a **** take

Exactly

Well I have an 04 plate mondeo with 89,000 (same engine as transit).

I'm looking to by and 01 plate Zafira with 115,000 or more.

The fact there is loads of zafiras with 150,000 plus for sale and only a few handful of mondeo a with over 120,000 shows how much longer they go for, especially as there is mondeos on the road than zafiras

this is 7.5k
attachicon.gif
$T2eC16VHJH8E9qSEWJvfBRSy9BW5Uw~~_12.jpg
Thats nice, really nice. Maybe in 2 years /emoticons/sad.png

Vivaro have injector issues at about 100,000-120,000 so make sure you take that into account in your budget /emoticons/smile.png

Latest Posts

Back