Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

van hunting time!

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Crystalalan

Happy easter everyone

Finally accepted that I really need to start looking for another van. Considering the stellantis offerings. Just stumbled upon an ad for a transit custom. It`s a 2017 2.0 TDCi 270 Li Hi model with a full service history and long MOT. Just wondering what your opinions are on them ? as I know a few of you drive them. The payload dosn`t seem as impressive as the stellantis vans. It`s only 878kgs but they look like they could be worthwhile looking at.

Can't you look at leasing a brand new van?the monthly payments are easily affordable for most of us and tax deductible too.your taking a chance with older vans.most have been hammered which is not ideal for carrying a lot of water in the back.then you can look forward to many years of trouble free motoring and no downtime.also it's not a big outlay all at once.you could have a new van on your drive within a few weeks for 3 months rental.

Brilliant vans.
If the cam belt hasn’t been changed, get it done. Ford recommend 100,000 miles or 6 years. The new type belts are more robust.
Keep the back door hinges oiled with GT85 or they can seize.
Had my van 7 years and all I’ve done is replace the battery and wet belt.
Have it serviced every year not every 2 as Ford recommends and it will look after you.
Get it on the motorway once a month and boot it to give it a chance to regenerate 👍.
Off to football now so can’t answer any questions until tomorrow 🙂

Brilliant vans.
If the cam belt hasn’t been changed, get it done. Ford recommend 100,000 miles or 6 years. The new type belts are more robust.
Keep the back door hinges oiled with GT85 or they can seize.
Had my van 7 years and all I’ve done is replace the battery and wet belt.
Have it serviced every year not every 2 as Ford recommends and it will look after you.
Get it on the motorway once a month and boot it to give it a chance to regenerate 👍.
Off to football now so can’t answer any questions until tomorrow 🙂
Yes I've heard about the hinges. No biggie there. What model is yours? Don't want to keep you from your football

Can't you look at leasing a brand new van?the monthly payments are easily affordable for most of us and tax deductible too.your taking a chance with older vans.most have been hammered which is not ideal for carrying a lot of water in the back.then you can look forward to many years of trouble free motoring and no downtime.also it's not a big outlay all at once.you could have a new van on your drive within a few weeks for 3 months rental.
I get what your saying. I just don't like monthly repayments. I'd rather pay a big one off payment. I figured if I buy something relatively young ie between 4 and 7 years old with a full service record and below 100,000 miles the chances are it will be pretty reliable anyway. Obviously there's always going to be risk factor when buying second hand

What are the rules about modifications when leasing? Can you drill holes for tank frames, pole racking etc. I was always under the impression that any damage caused had to be paid for when retuning the vehicle. I know they are a lot more lenient with commercial vehicle hire though.

I have a transit custom 290 or 300 can’t remember limited spec.

Great van had it from new 2018.
Prefect for window cleaning.
I service every year like Steve and never had a problem.
I would buy the brand new one out if they hadn’t nearly doubled in price.

I’ve just picked a 64 plate Vivaro up with 90000 on the clock . Ex open reach van it’s like new inside . Just about to start fitting the system in in today.

Attachments

• IMG_2714.jpeg
    IMG_2714.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2713.jpeg
    IMG_2713.jpeg
    822.1 KB · Views: 2
Happy easter everyone

Finally accepted that I really need to start looking for another van. Considering the stellantis offerings. Just stumbled upon an ad for a transit custom. It`s a 2017 2.0 TDCi 270 Li Hi model with a full service history and long MOT. Just wondering what your opinions are on them ? as I know a few of you drive them. The payload dosn`t seem as impressive as the stellantis vans. It`s only 878kgs but they look like they could be worthwhile looking at.
I have one for sale with a decent payload: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/15611812...nCTPnaqRDO&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I get what you’re saying. I just don't like monthly repayments. I'd rather pay a big one off payment. I figured if I buy something relatively young ie between 4 and 7 years old with a full service record and below 100,000 miles the chances are it will be pretty reliable anyway. Obviously there's always going to be risk factor when buying second hand
Leasing a van is the best way, why use your own money to buy a van which depreciates and needs money spent on maintenance.
Business Lease payments on a van are 100% Tax Deductible.
Basically if your tax bill is £2500 a year and your lease payments are £2500 you won’t pay any tax , why give that to the tax man when you can drive around in a brand new van.
It’s not rocket science.

I get what your saying. I just don't like monthly repayments. I'd rather pay a big one off payment. I figured if I buy something relatively young ie between 4 and 7 years old with a full service record and below 100,000 miles the chances are it will be pretty reliable anyway. Obviously there's always going to be risk factor when buying second hand
I'd get it checked out independently if I was you AA do a check, my 64-plate combo I had previously after so much ownership I noticed overspray so it had definitely had accidents and when it came to getting new tyres I found out the chassis was bent or something,

My current van a 19-plate Berlingo my van has had some dinks and doors damaged, but overall it's been totally fine it's due for an MOT and Service in the next 2 weeks so my garage will get chance to check it over and spot anything before it's warranty runs out,

I'm like you to a point, I have no desire for a brand-new van and I'm very happy with 2nd hand motors

Leasing a van is the best way, why use your own money to buy a van which depreciates and needs money spent on maintenance.
Business Lease payments on a van are 100% Tax Deductible.
Basically if your tax bill is £2500 a year and your lease payments are £2500 you won’t pay any tax , why give that to the tax man when you can drive around in a brand new van.
It’s not rocket science.
lol if only it were that simple

I’ll be selling my 2016 transit custom limited 290 in a few weeks time. ULEZ compliant, full service history. 2 owners. 100k miles. L1 H1. Has a 2 man ionic systems triton 700l system. Wet belt recall completed in Sept 23. RO membrane is only a couple months old.

Great condition! Only thing currently wrong with it is the rear door stops, they snap off on the customs, but I’ve got that booked in to be fixed.

I’m not going to be in a rush to sell & if can get as near to 17k for it that would be good.
*Van signage removal is included in the price.

Located near Camberley, Surrey

Attachments

• IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0583.jpeg
    IMG_0583.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0587.jpeg
    IMG_0587.jpeg
  • IMG_0584.jpeg
    IMG_0584.jpeg
  • IMG_0603.jpeg
    IMG_0603.jpeg
    986 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
lol if only it were that simple
It is that simple if your declaring your money you earn and you are a registered business it’s simple.
have a brand new Peugeot partner van ever three years.
it costs me £52 a week , that’s two cleans on a Monday morning, an hours work.
When your accountant does your tax return and as long as the van is leased, it’s 100 % deductible, totally legal and above board.

It is that simple if your declaring your money you earn and you are a registered business it’s simple.
When your accountant does your tax return and as long as the van is leased, it’s 100 % deductible, totally legal and above board.
It's so simple, it's dead money you are pishing money up the wall the van is never yours you never own it and have no equity at the point of need a new van "it's that simple"

The vast majority will still be paying tax , you said that you wouldn’t be paying tax that’s a load of rubbish

It's so simple, it's dead money you are pishing money up the wall the van is never yours you never own it and have no equity at the point of need a new van "it's that simple"
The van doesn’t cost you a penny if you pay Tax, it’s offset against tax.
If you don’t pay your taxes, obviously it’s better the way you do it.
Brand New van every three years, why do you think you see so many new vans in the road.
Lease payments are 100% deductible.

The van doesn’t cost you a penny if you pay Tax, it’s offset against tax.
If you don’t pay your taxes, obviously it’s better the way you do it.
Brand New van every three years, why do you think you see so many new vans in the road.
Lease payments are 100% deductible.
You do realise you can offset the costs of a van purchased outright against tax and depreciate the vans value.
Leasing does cost you a penny as while you can offset the lease fee against your tax if you didn't pay the lease even after paying basic tax at 20% you would still have 80% of the money in your pocket - simplification due to national insurance etc.
Purchasing a van comes under capital expenditure and I think, depending on if you are ltd or not I think you can claim 130% of the capital expenditure against your tax.

It is all complex and a decent accountant can explain all the implications of outright purchase vs lease.

Latest Posts

Back