Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat tank or upright water tank.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Shinyboy

What does everyone think is the best one to have? I got a 650l upright tank in my ford custom van but looking to put maybe a 650l flat tank in my second van I've just purchased (vauxhall vivaro swb) we use about 400l a day.

I'd just put a 500l tank in the back if you only use around 400l a day.i have a 500l upright in my connect which is the perfect size for me.

Remember a flat tank will cause airlocks if you drain them too low(much more frequently than an upright tank)

What does everyone think is the best one to have? I got a 650l upright tank in my ford custom van but looking to put maybe a 650l flat tank in my second van I've just purchased (vauxhall vivaro swb) we use about 400l a day.
The bigger you go regardless of mounting orientation the less extra equipment you can carry and available space on offer.

I recall seeing those over dressed streamline tanks and combined RO's that took up so much space once. Always better to have an upright in my opinion

I'd just put a 500l tank in the back if you only use around 400l a day.i have a 500l upright in my connect which is the perfect size for me.

Remember a flat tank will cause airlocks if you drain them too low(much more frequently than an upright tank)
I always like to have a bigger size tank. Just incase. The extra water is needed one day. Don't want to be caught short lol

I'd say it depends on how you go about your day, when any of my tank(s) was or is getting low I'd turn the controller off and close the tap at the tank outlet before driving off to another job, this avoids or helps reduce the risk of an airlock,

I have had Facelift compact 425ltr system since last August which is neither flat or upright now I was somewhat concerned about the risk of airlocks there is no shut off valve on these and a decent run of hose from the pump underneath the tank up to the mounted reel on top of the tank, but they use 8mm ID hose from the pump to the reel this I've found helps reduce airlocks although I do get the odd issue first thing on a morning which takes no trouble to clear.1713508378634.png

Ive got a 650 litre facelift flat tank in my Vivaro, well it’s actually x2 325 litre tanks .

Attachments

• IMG_2732.jpeg
    IMG_2732.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2731.jpeg
    IMG_2731.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2733.jpeg
    IMG_2733.jpeg
    805.3 KB · Views: 0
Upright tank all the way I had to flat tanks 350 ended up selling it then 800 flat ended up selling that now have 650 upright and it’s perfect for me

Latest Posts

Back