Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

15lph vs 21lph which one to choose?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Ben c

Hello all

I'm currently looking at a pressure washer and have the choice of 2. Either a 21lph 2900 psi 200bar or 15lph 3100psi 250 bar. Both the same spec, both Honda gx390 engines.

I'll be using it mainly for drives and patios so would like to use a flat surface cleaner also, kit comes with a 20" fsc.

Could someone help me understand the differences and pros and cons of each as im not to experienced with machines of this size.

Many thanks

Ben

Hello all

I'm currently looking at a pressure washer and have the choice of 2. Either a 21lph 2900 psi 200bar or 15lph 3100psi 250 bar. Both the same spec, both Honda gx390 engines.

I'll be using it mainly for drives and patios so would like to use a flat surface cleaner also, kit comes with a 20" fsc.

Could someone help me understand the differences and pros and cons of each as im not to experienced with machines of this size.

Many thanks

Ben

The higher the flow the quicker you will work , pressure is needed but flow rate will also help get the dirt away , I personally would rather have 21 lpm and 200 bar than 250 bar and 15 ltr I have had both I now have a 250 bar 21 ltr machine . But it’s not a Honda .
Honda gx390 is good just be careful 21 ltr from theses is an absolute maximum as they aren’t powerful enough( 13 hp) to run the bigger pumps many claim they run 21 ltr but if you actually measure the amount it will be nearer 17-19 from my experience, give Ben at Rutland pumps a ring and have a chat to him he’s very knowledgeable and reasonable on price and won’t try and sell you the most expensive kit . 20 inch fsc is fine for most small medium drives and paths around houses the bigger ones are best for very large areas like car parks .

Thanks for the detailed reply, the kit I'm looking at is this one

It seemed like a good kit with high end fittings etc, also takes the guess work out for someone like me with little experience.

If you could have a look and give me your opinion on that I'd really appreciate hearing what someone with some experience things of it.

Cheers

Thanks for the detailed reply, the kit I'm looking at is this one

It seemed like a good kit with high end fittings etc, also takes the guess work out for someone like me with little experience.

If you could have a look and give me your opinion on that I'd really appreciate hearing what someone with some experience things of it.

Cheers

Looks ok but that price is plus VAT I am sure you could get the same kit cheaper else ware I would give Ben at Rutland a ring , the buffer tank is to small in my humble opinion, a 240 ltr wheely bin is better option , but obviously it’s up to you , I think many of this type of company charge a lot of money for a complete set up playing on new inexperienced people not knowing what they need to buy .

Looks ok but that price is plus VAT I am sure you could get the same kit cheaper else ware I would give Ben at Rutland a ring , the buffer tank is to small in my humble opinion, a 240 ltr wheely bin is better option , but obviously it’s up to you , I think many of this type of company charge a lot of money for a complete set up playing on new inexperienced people not knowing what they need to buy .
I did wonder about the buffer tank size but then thought maybe easier to transport and store. But if its not big enough for the job that's irrelevant I guess. I did ring rutland actually but I didn't speak to Ben, the women I spoke to said you'd be looking at around 4 weeks for any pressure washers so I didn't go any further as I could do with something sooner. I might give them another call tomorrow and see what they say.

I wasn't sure if the above kit was reasonably priced or not but it seemed to have quality kit....some of the set up kits just seem to be cheap bits put together.

I did wonder about the buffer tank size but then thought maybe easier to transport and store. But if its not big enough for the job that's irrelevant I guess. I did ring rutland actually but I didn't speak to Ben, the women I spoke to said you'd be looking at around 4 weeks for any pressure washers so I didn't go any further as I could do with something sooner. I might give them another call tomorrow and see what they say.

I wasn't sure if the above kit was reasonably priced or not but it seemed to have quality kit....some of the set up kits just seem to be cheap bits put together.
The smaller buffer tank is ok but if poor water pressure it will not keep you running very long even a 240 ltr one will empty quite quickly on a poor pressure tap . If you phone Rutland speak to Ben with the greatest of respect the girls in the office are useless I phoned up to buy some Benz biocide a few weeks ago the girl said we don’t sell it I said better look on your web site then as it’s on there 😂😂😂 they don’t have a clue about anything technical, ime about to buy a softwash set up from them and will only deal with Ben he’s very good but also very bust building all the kit they sell .

Hello all

Many thanks

Ben
21lpm for sure

The smaller buffer tank is ok but if poor water pressure it will not keep you running very long even a 240 ltr one will empty quite quickly on a poor pressure tap . If you phone Rutland speak to Ben with the greatest of respect the girls in the office are useless I phoned up to buy some Benz biocide a few weeks ago the girl said we don’t sell it I said better look on your web site then as it’s on there 😂😂😂 they don’t have a clue about anything technical, ime about to buy a softwash set up from them and will only deal with Ben he’s very good but also very bust building all the kit they sell .
🤣I'll give them a call tomorrow. So you would advise against that kit I shared the link to? Is it that kit isn't good enough or more the price? Buffer tank aside

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.